MSC is currently searching for a Pediatrics Hospitalist to support the National Institutes of Health. This position is full-time and it is onsite at NIH in Bethesda, MDDuties & Responsibilities
- Provide expertise and clinical care oversight for pediatric patients admitted to an observation unit
- Serve as an advisor and provide pediatric consultation and expertise for the clinical care provided for complex pediatric patients enrolled in research protocols
- Take the leadership role during all pediatric emergencies
- Provide perioperative care and monitoring - for children, attending to pediatric emergencies, rapid response calls and Code Blue events;
- Assist in the stabilization of children with acute events while alternative care opportunities or transfer to a partner institution are arranged;
- Collaborate with hospital staff to oversee the monitored bed unit within the Pediatric 1NW Unit;
- Perform and document patient’s physical assessment and history;
- Analyze trends in patient conditions;
- Develop a patient management plan in response to the data obtained;
- Communicate and collaborate with the multidisciplinary research team to ensure that patient management strategies are successful in meeting patients’ research
- Graduate from an accredited medical school
- Board Certified in Pediatrics
- Licensed in a state, territory or commonwealth of the United States or District of Columbia, with board certification/eligibility in Pediatrics.
- Complete a minimum of four years of residency training in Pediatric OR equivalent experience and training in an ACGME-accredited residency program (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education)
- A fellowship in Pediatric Hospitalist Medicine is desirable but not required.
- Candidates must provide necessary documents and references in order to be credentialed in the medical staff and to obtain clinical privileges in the Clinical Center.
- Tour of duty can be for 12 or 24 h shifts during weekdays or nights and weekends.
- Ensure compliance with all hospital policies and requirements established by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.