Business Process Manager
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Collaborate across the company to design, evaluate, execute, and maintain new and existing business processes
- Act as an organizational change manager by communicating and documenting changes, finding and removing roadblocks, and building consensus
- Partner with departments and business units on key initiatives, providing both strategic support and day-to-day tactical support
- Connect company strategy to tactical execution in order to maximize delivery of our goals
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed to move the company forward and advance the mission
The Team You’ll Join
You will be joining the Business Operations function, reporting into the Director of Business Process, and you will work closely alongside the team to scope, prioritize, and execute upon initiatives that enhance our ability to scale and drive meaningful improvements in output. You will spend time meeting with other teams, understanding their needs, and identifying both short-term and long-term initiatives, while simultaneously taking action upon those initiatives and doing whatever we can to support those teams in their efforts to make change. This will include everything from creating documents that illustrate processes and strategy to getting into the weeds and solving discrete tactical problems to help departments meet their goals.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a business operations role, preferably in a biotech, life sciences, technology environment (or consulting equivalent)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related administrative or science discipline; graduate degree in a related field a plus
- Experience listening to, and communicating with, a wide variety of cross-functional stakeholders and deriving insights from those conversations
- Ability to create meaningful, clear deliverables at a rapid pace that convey organizational priorities and illustrate key processes
- Experience in managing complex processes, providing ongoing support, and identifying ways to streamline and scale process management
- Detail-oriented and a strong desire for continuous improvement through feedback and iteration
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with an openness to adapting communication style to suit different audiences.
- Proficiency in office suite products (e.g. spreadsheets, presentations); Asana experience a plus
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
Recursion requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their first date of employment.
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.