Graphic Design Intern
Schrödinger is looking for a Graphic Design Intern to join us in our mission to transform the way therapeutics and materials are discovered.
Schrödinger has pioneered a physics-based software platform that enables discovery of high-quality, novel molecules for drug development and materials applications more rapidly and at lower cost compared to traditional methods. The software platform is used by pharmaceutical and industrial companies, academic institutions, and government laboratories around the world. Our multidisciplinary drug discovery team also leverages the software platform to advance collaborative programs and its own pipeline of novel therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
This role will be primarily tasked with assisting the design team in working on a self contained project as well assisting the team with additional tasks.
The ideal candidate is a creative and intelligent contributor, with a passion for science and design. We’re looking for someone who has a hunger to learn from an experienced design team, who can work well on their own while also multi-tasking to achieve team goals.
What you’ll do:
- Create and design print and digital materials
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Collaborate with the Creative Team to develop design concepts
- Receive feedback from the Creative Team and make necessary changes
Who will love this job:
- A passionate designer with a compelling portfolio of graphic design work
- Students with basic knowledge of layouts, typography, composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- A student with a good grasp of the main design tools including Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint) and Google G Suite (Docs, Slides).
- A diverse thinker with an interest in science as well as design.
- A self-directed, self-motivated collaborator who can work under pressure with a positive attitude
- Someone with excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and administrative skills
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands that it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, our company culture is relaxed but engaged. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments plan a myriad of fun company-wide events! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.