Principal Scientist Conjugation Chemistry
Innovent Biologics is an international biotech organization with one primary focus: to develop high quality biopharmaceuticals available to all people. Since our beginning in 2011, Innovent has launched 4 biologics products in the Chinese market with the goal to expand and continue development in partnership with major providers in the US and across the globe. Innovent continues to push the limits of development with trials in various stages and a robust pre-clinical pipeline covering diverse disease indications. Here at our lab site in Rockville, Maryland, we are looking to have talented and passionate team members join us on our exciting journey of innovation and discovery, changing lives one patient at a time.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Principal Scientist to join us to lead the conjugation program. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in bioconjugation, chemical biology, and protein analytics. You will work closely with synthetic chemists, analytical chemists, and biologists to push the platform and pipeline projects forward.
- Maintain a significant level of productivity in the laboratory setting.
- Mentor junior staff and develop direct reports
- Stay up to date with the conjugation technology, especially technologies related to antibody-drug conjugates
- Facilitate the publication and patent protection of research work
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, or related scientific disciplines
- 5+years of post-doctoral work experience in bioconjugation
- In-depth knowledge of organic chemistry, protein chemistry, and antibody and protein engineering
- Good understanding of the principles of biology, DMPK
- Experience with immunoassay methods
- Prior experience with targeted delivery platforms (antibody-drug conjugates or small-molecule drug conjugates) is desirable
- Leadership skills, including project management, technical issue identification and resolution, and a good knowledge of lab safety
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Team player with a strong desire to achieve broad team goals
- Annual bonus
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Innovent Biologics is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Innovent Biologics is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This is a full-time position onsite at our Maryland location.