Modeling & Simulation Senior Statistician
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Modeling & Simulation Senior StatisticianLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will work with the Director of Statistical Innovation (DSI) and the Principal Statistician in the development and implementation of the simulation plan based on design options and simulation specifications provided by DSI, SDD and study teams; and deliver simulation reports under the guidance from DSI.
- Participates in discussion sessions of EGP development and study design to ensure understanding of the clinical trial design options and collect design inputs from DSI, SDD and study team
- Works with the DSI and the Principal Statistician to develop and finalize simulation plan with detailed specifications and operating characteristics that enable the evaluation and selection of the optimal design options
- Executes simulation plan and summarizes results in outputs in presentation ready visualization
- Works with the DSI and the Principal Statistician to evaluate design options and form design recommendations and finalize simulation report
- Participates in sessions to present simulation results and recommendations to the product/study team
- Contributes to the development of simulation and modeling tools for the design center
- Supports the promotion of innovative designs and analysis methods by contributing to internal training sessions
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is proficient with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree Or
- Masters degree and 3 years of statistical experience in the pharmaceutical industry or medical research experience
- Doctorate in Statistics/Biostatistics with 1 year of post-graduate statistical experience in the pharmaceutical industry or medical research
- Excellent computing, modeling and simulation skills using R, SAS etc.
- Experience in designing, analyzing and reporting of clinical trials within Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology/Public Health setting in Industry, Government or Academia
- Proactive and efficient in learning emerging adaptive designs and building simulation tools for wide use and applications
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistics
- Extensive knowledge of simulation and modeling techniques
- Work well with both statistical colleagues and cross functional teams
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.