Research Program Coordinator
We Are Genetic Navigators bringing together passionate, creative and dedicated professionals to join a rapidly growing startup on our mission to translate novel genetic insights into lifesaving medicines. We are integrating human genetics and functional genomics to decode the mysteries of genetic modifiers, leading us to new medicines we’ll develop for a range of severe diseases.
We are seeking an organized, highly efficient research operations coordinator that will play an instrumental role in the execution of pre-clinical and early research goals. Their mission is to orchestrate plans to track and streamline research project timelines, expenditure, and coordination between project team leaders, functional representatives, and external vendors. The ideal candidate will a strong problem solver with the ability to understand cross functional teams including biology, chemistry, pharmacology, DMPK, and translational sciences to bolster processes and ensure strong collaboration to meet important deadlines and goals. The coordinator will utilize strong organization and communication skills to manage operational goals and ensure our research operations maintain efficiency, speed, and accuracy. In collaboration with program management, you will serve to represent project and coordinate at various stages.
Your Role in Navigating The Maze:
- Coordinate external studies with CROs from setting up MSA/SOWs, tracking expenditure against budgets, and overseeing the shipment of samples/materials.
- Coordinate deliverables with cross-functional drug discovery, research, and translational teams to ensure timely and budgeted execution of program goals
- Assist study sponsors in monitoring the progress of studies and ensuring that data reports are received, shared, and recorded in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement processes to fortify the link between early research, drug discovery, and nonclinical development
- Develop and champion best practices in program management, including the use of templates, tools, and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, effective planning
- Seamlessly manage multiple portfolio projects on an ongoing basis
- Manage vendor relationship and communication as necessary for program advancement
- Communicate progress, key developments, and challenges and develop solutions using an integrated business and scientific viewpoint
- Design processes to grow operations / program management to be scalable as the company grows and programs advance
- Become a company champion for matrix collaboration and design tools and other ways to maximize cross functional teamwork
- Interface with program and project management in order to coordinate program objectives
Your Navigation Tools:
- MS with 2+ years’ experience, or B.S. with 4+ years’ of experience in operations/project management in a pharma/biotech setting.
- Experience in a fast-paced drug discovery environment; experience with INDs and regulatory points is a plus
- Demonstrated experience developing project processes to increase efficiency, collaboration, time management and overall synchrony between internal stakeholders, project teams, and external partners
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with scientists to execute on goals, strong judgement, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Teams, Project) skills and experience presenting scenarios using MS tools
- Strong attention to detail and a proactive approach in identifying gaps and driving solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of drug discovery and development with ability to understand each function’s importance to overall research goals
- A keen ability to champion matrix collaboration and liaise between groups