AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Accounting Technician – Global Immunology
This position reports to the Global Commercial Finance Lead– supporting Global Immunology. This role will interact with cross-functional stakeholders, including other finance teams. A successful candidate possesses clear communication skills, both oral and written, is highly organized, has strong attention to detail, and drive for accuracy.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provided monthly journal entries and related accruals to Financial Shared Services
- Manages day to day Purchase Order activities which includes generating shopping carts ACRs in SRM/SAP, SNAPP ensure accuracy, completeness of documentation and adhere to operating guidelines and CFMs
- Maintains Actuals and Monthly Latest Best Estimate (LBE) budget and related trackers
- Initiates new vendor setup and existing vendor change requests
- Assists with ad hoc analysis, supports projects, and process improvements as requested.
- Well organized and able to balance multiple priorities at once in a deadline-heavy environment.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functionally with partners outside of the team to enable higher performance.
- Liaison between Purchasing, Business Services Group (BSG) and Central Consulting Group (CCG) department
- HS Diploma or equivalent. Associates degree preferred
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and strong analytical skills, proven ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work well in a team environment and build strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of SAP, TM1 and HFM a plus
- Must be self-motivated and approach tasks with a positive pro-active attitude.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Builds and maintains good relationships with the team and other colleagues
- Constantly seeking out new ways to improve processes (innovative)
- Sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines (well-organized)
- Capacity to work under pressure quickly and autonomously
- Demonstrates a strong personal capacity for learning
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.