Commercial Insights - Competitive Intelligence Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Commercial Insights - Competitive Intelligence Manager
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will lead intelligence gathering activities for US and Global marketing teams to support multiple assets across Amgens Oncology Business Unit (OBU). This critical role will report directly to the Director, Competitive Intelligence.
- Be a strategic thought partner to key collaborators across disease area, brand, corporate, and other cross-functional teams supporting Amgens Oncology Business Unit
- Synthesize information from multiple sources to develop strategic insights and point of view on key competitive developments, implications to Amgen and actions Amgen must take
- Work in a highly cross functional manner and manage changing priorities across several key customers
- Develop productive relationships with Global and Regional teams to define business problems and develop integrated analysis plans based on standard methodologies
- Apply structured problem solving to collect, analyze and report CI, incorporating primary and secondary data sources to generate meaningful insights
- Articulate and educate customers on the relevant impact of changing market dynamics to their business from a CI perspective
- Prioritize and facilitate strategic exercises & competitive simulations to generate competitive insights and company plans
- Coordinate and facilitate CI collection efforts at major medical conferences/congresses.
- Manage a network of primary data sources, including vendors and Amgen employees, to enable effective project delivery
- Learn competitive intelligence capabilities and collaborate with fellow CI leads
- Understand and synthesize CI research findings, maintaining high standards for accuracy, relevance, and quality in deliverables at all times and communicate level of evidence to key partners.
- Present on a regular basis in-depth analyses and summaries of results, interpreting and communicating results with recommendations to key stakeholders
- Attend and support CI debrief activities at key congresses
- Abide by and strictly enforce Amgens CI Legal and Ethical Guidelines with internal colleagues and agencies.
- Some travel (15-20%) required.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is an analytical individual with these qualifications.
Basic Qualifications:Doctorate degree
Masters degree and 3 years of consulting and/or competitive intelligence experienceOR
Bachelors degree and 5 years of consulting and/or competitive intelligence experienceOR
Associates degree and 10 years of consulting and/or competitive intelligence experienceOR
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of consulting and/or competitive intelligence experience
- Advanced degree (PhD/MS/MBA) with a focus on life sciences and business
- Experience with in Life Science consulting work in Oncology
- Familiarity with biopharma industry
- Relevant experience in oncology via prior project work, disease area knowledge
- Prior experience in strategy/management consulting in the biopharma industry, roles of increasing responsibility accepted
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analyze data to support critical business decisions
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skillsable to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Evident project management skillsable to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and data sources
- Demonstrated analytical skillsunderstands the advantages and limits of different analytical approaches and studies
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment
- Strong understanding of the latest developments and trends in the oncology space, key competitive dynamics and unmet medical needs
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.