Key Account Director - Florida
Title: Key Account Director – Florida
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Strategic Accounts
Location: Field Based
The Key Account Director’s primary responsibility is to identify and implement product conversion and pull-through strategies and tactics in targeted key accounts. Targeted accounts include large IDNs and select Oncology Clinic practices within the Florida Region. In addition, the Key Account Director will provide supportive leadership to the Regional Director in assisting the Region attaining its sales goals. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Strategic Accounts.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop, coordinate, implement, and execute account plans, conversion, and pull-through strategies and tactics both individually and through the team selling process.
- Facilitate account management by coordinating selling activities and customer interactions through effective leadership and communication with field sales staff to support customer needs.
- Lead contract negotiation/education for key IDNs and Oncology Clinics, including advance analysis of scenarios to anticipate potential account responses.
- Develop, maintain, and grow key relationships that influence decision-making for product utilization within each assigned key account.
- Support strategic and tactical efforts as defined by the GPO National Account Managers.
- Provide regional expertise for all competitive selling situations, and support selling efforts of assigned region’s Oncology Account Mangers.
- Develop and implement regional strategies based on brand and payer strategies.
- Communicate with brand team and the payer team to highlight segment-specific needs and support brand team's and/or payer team development of segment-specific deliverables.
- Identify hospital and clinic selling skill-training requirements for the region and individual Oncology Account Managers, and implement appropriate training in a broad group environment and/or one-on-one setting as required.
- Attend national, regional, GPO, and state-level meetings/trade shows as determined by commercial leadership.
- Participate and/or lead other projects as assigned by the Vice President, Strategic Accounts.
- Ability to work under general direction only and independently determine approach to solutions.
- Travel for customer engagement can be up to 50% - 60% on a routine weekly basis. Occasional weekend travel could also be required to attend and support customer GPO meetings, trade shows and conferences.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- Bachelors degree. Advance degree (e.g. MBA, MPH, Pharm.D., etc.) is preferred.
- 10+ years of healthcare sales and/or marketing experience
- Solid knowledge of the Florida Regional market, formulary and P&T decision-making processes in that market
- Institutional (IDN, hospital) and oncology clinic experience
- Solid understanding of the current environment and trends in community oncology practices, including alternative payment models
- Large account management experience
- Injectable / buy-and-bill (Part B) experience
- District management experience
- Demonstrated experience of IDN executive level interactions
- Ability to navigate successfully through clinic reimbursement discussions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including networking, influencing, negotiation, presentation, and written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated leadership ability with a focus on influencing and leading without authority
- Excellent business acumen skills with an ability to analyze, interpret, and draw insights from financial-related information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple competing priorities
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Excel and PowerPoint
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.