Sr. Director, Portfolio & Program Management
The Senior Director of Portfolio and Program Management (SDPPM) position is a high impact, leadership role responsible for leading key elements of program strategy and cross-functional execution of development and commercialization activities for neuroscience products at Ovid. The SDPPM role requires a creative, resourceful leader with proven expertise in leading early and late-stage programs through launch and life-cycle management. The SDPPM will be responsible for leading one or more complex or high-priority cross-functional program teams to drive product development, NDA submission and market introduction. The SDPPM will use program management and leadership best practices to ensure the translation of product strategy into clear and actionable operating plans and will be responsible for the program budget. The DPM will work closely with senior leaders and with functional leaders to effectively plan and resource the programs, and provide program progress oversight, communication, and process management. The SDPPM will ensure the cross-functional teams operate effectively with positive team dynamics driving product development.
- Ensure that Ovid Therapeutics' s mission and values are understood and supported across organization
- Define a clear strategic vision for the program and serve as a champion for key program-related information.
a. Facilitate the elaboration, approval, and execution of the program strategy.
b. Drive the development, prioritization, and communication of annual and long-range operating plans ensuring alignment to program strategy.
c. Responsible for development of Strategic Product Plans (SPP) ensuring alignment across strategic and tactical plans
d. Collaborate with Program team to ensure coordinated evaluation of product opportunities/ scenarios and development of comprehensive integrated recommendations to Governance Committees based on program defined objectives and priorities.
e. Promote timely visibility and transparency of information within the Program team, across sub-teams and other forums to accelerate decision making, obtain alignment, and increase foundational knowledge.
f. Establish and reinforce program team operating guidelines to foster inclusiveness, facilitate decision making, and maximize alignment within the team and with other functions.
g. Provide effective solutions for solving team conflicts to maximize team effectiveness.
- Accountable for meeting targets and managing deliverables.
a. Establish common decision processes & criteria for key decisions, e.g., go/no go criteria and stage-gate decisions.
b. Proactively identify and communicate product-related issues, risks, and where applicable, facilitate cross-team discussion on identifying impact and mitigation plans.
c. Develop, maintain, and track cross-functionally aligned program timelines.
- In collaboration with functional leaders, review and allocate resources to support operational plans.
- Effectively manage budget planning for the program through its collection, alignment and validation and ensuring alignment to program strategy
- Participate in Business Development initiatives to support Portfolio expansion
- Lead one or more departmental or process improvement initiatives
- Bring strong understanding of external CNS environment and best practices to inform program decisions, collaborations, and partnerships.
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in pharmaceutical drug development or commercialization with demonstrated success leading multi-site, global or enterprise-wide programs in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
• Minimum of 10 years of direct cross-functional program management experience in in a diversity of therapeutic areas and multiple stages of the development or commercialization of branded products with 5 years in team leadership role.
• Strong understanding of the business environment, relevant key strategic and operational drivers, and risks.
• Knowledgeable in at least one functional area (proven experience); ability to assess validity of overall program/project strategy and deliverables.
• Ability to manage multiple complex cross-functional teams and processes without routine supervision to deliver key accountabilities.
• Demonstrated experience managing programs in various stages of development and/or commercialization in diversity of therapeutic areas.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of global drug product development and commercialization in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Strong understanding and competency in planning processes and decision making.
• Demonstrated experience using standard program management tools and software including integrated development plans, timelines, risk management, and budget development and monitoring
• Demonstrated finance and business acumen
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent proficiency a plus
• Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field required; Advanced degree in life sciences or MBA with relevant pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
• High level of accountability
• Ability to facilitate, manage and lead complex cross-functional teams to develop and translate strategies into tangible deliverables.
• Ability to manage and resolve complex strategic and operational issues and interactions through effectively framing issues/mitigation to influence decision making.
• Independent and creative thinker requiring minimum oversight. A self-starter who is proactive, motivates, and has tact, diplomacy, and leadership skills
• Highly developed interpersonal skills including cultural awareness and sensitivities, negotiation, managing meetings and group dynamics, conflict resolution, ability to balance concerns of line management with the objectives of cross-functional team.
• Ability to influence people at all levels in the organization without authority and negotiate competing priorities.
• Strong analytical and decision-making ability, including ability to synthesize complex and diverse inputs to a problem, and recommend solutions/preferred options and provide related budget and FTE impact
• Promotes and models proactive communication keeping team and other stakeholders informed. Polished presentation skills, including ability to effectively communicate with senior executives
• Ability to mentor and influence new team members on team membership requirements, responsibilities, and deliverables.
• Ability to adapt quickly and well to change, both organizationally and culturally and remains optimistic and positive in uncertain or complex situations.
• Must have high ethical standard and integrity
• Fluency (spoken and written) in English
about ovid therapeutics
If you desire to be part of a tenacious biotech team advancing the future of neuroscience, then Ovid Therapeutics may be the right company for you. Located in New York City and Cambridge, Massachusetts, Ovid aspires to answer big questions about rare disorders of the brain. Applying expertise from successful development programs in rare epilepsies, we partner with patient communities and world-renowned physicians to decode the underlying genetic cause and pathologies of neurological disease. We seek the best modalities to deliver therapy to targets in the brain whether they be small molecules to next-generation platforms. Our duty to patients is as real is it is to our own families. Urgency to serve them propels us to venture where others have not and take calculated scientific risks. When others heed to the hard or unknown, we say, find a way.
who we seek
Exceptional life science professionals who value curiosity, collaboration, community, deep care and courage in decision-making are encouraged to apply.
if you need more reasons to join Ovid:
- benefits competitive with big pharma, without the big pharma bureaucracy
- nimble and creative mentality while being well resourced
- accessible leaders and mentors from the world's leading pharmaceuticals, biotechs and universities
- opportunity to shape the destiny of a company on the frontier of medical science
- the knowledge that patients are waiting for us, and the tools to help them lay in our hands
EEO Statement: OVID Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity employer. All OVID recruiting is conducted in a fair and non-discriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.