Senior/Principal Scientist, Computational Chemistry
Scorpion Therapeutics is a precision oncology company founded in February 2020 by a preeminent group of scientists from Harvard University/Massachusetts General Hospital – Keith Flaherty, M.D., Gaddy Getz, Ph.D. and Liron Bar-Peled, Ph.D. – along with entrepreneur and CEO, Gary D. Glick, Ph.D. The company has raised $270M in Series A and Series B financings led by blue-chip investors, including Atlas Venture, Boxer Capital of Tavistock Group, EcoR1 Capital, LLC, Omega Funds, and Vida Venture.
Scorpion Therapeutics’ mission is to serve oncology patients by discovering and developing best-in-class and first-in-class small molecule cancer medicines that address large patient segments with significant unmet medical needs. To accomplish this mission, we are building a highly collaborative team focused on the pursuit of novel approaches to small molecule drug discovery. This approach relies upon dynamic collaboration between cancer biology, proteomics, informatics, structural biology and medicinal chemistry – with the ultimate goal of realizing the full potential of targeted/precision oncology.
This is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage biotechnology company that combines world-class genomics, chemical proteomics and data science capabilities and contributes to bringing drugs towards the clinic. We are a highly integrated drug discovery company and are looking for a results-oriented team player who enthusiastically integrates computational chemistry, computational biophysics, structural informatics and cheminformatics approaches to help drive Scorpion Therapeutics’ drug discovery programs.
- Provide integrated computational chemistry support to enable efficient lead discovery and optimization.
- Utilize ligand- and receptor-based screening approaches to identify starting points for novel targets.
- Integrate novel computational biophysics approaches like molecular dynamics and free energy perturbation.
- Contribute to the development of computational infrastructure by identification of novel tools and techniques.
- Collaborate within the Data Science team to help integrate data analytics approaches into all aspects of drug discovery.
- Passionate drug hunter.
- Ph.D. with 6+ years of computational chemistry support in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology environment.
- Demonstrated contributions to drug discovery programs through the application of computational chemistry techniques.
- Proficiency with a broad range of modern computational chemistry techniques.
- Experience with full Schrödinger software suite a plus.
Scorpion Therapeutics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to create and maintain a diverse working environment. We do not discriminate for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Beginning October 13, 2021, Scorpion Therapeutics requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.