Process Sciences Associate- Downstream Investigations
Regeneron is looking to for a Process Sciences Associate for our Downstream Investigations team with a Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm schedule and occasional weekend work. Regeneron successfully manufactures a range of biopharmaceuticals for patients worldwide, including our approved therapeutic proteins and those involved in clinical studies. The Downstream Investigation Team supports production in many ways, including troubleshooting processes, qualifying raw materials, investigating unexpected results, small-scale chemical stability, and innovating processes and testing with small-scale models and analysis of data from full scale processing. This Process Sciences Associate will lead and execute lab-based studies with a Raw Material focus to assess the impact of raw material change to manufacturing processes and product.
As a Process Science Associate, a typical day might include the following:
- Operate AKTA AVANT and AKTA PURE chromatography systems for small scale experiments.
- Preparing and packing chromatography columns for lab use.
- Design experiments, procure materials required, prepare buffers, execute chromatography and/or filtration processes, collect data, and present data.
- Data and statistical analysis (JMP) to understand relationships and impacts to processes.
- Automate processes to reduce manual operations using programming language (VBA/VB.
- Prepare presentations and present to cross-functional teams.
- Troubleshoot equipment and processes, and ensure compliance with Regeneron systems.
- Participate in cross-functional team discussion regarding raw material related assessment.
This role might be for you if you:
- Quickly learn to operate new innovative laboratory equipment in support of monoclonal antibody purification processes.
- Have an understanding of chromatography purification at lab scale and manufacturing. scales with ability to relate various process scales.
- Prioritize lab work, reporting and documentation and adapt to constantly evolving business needs.
- Have experience with technical writing.
- Enjoy a dynamic environment of hands on lab activities and can work independently and with a team.
- Troubleshoot in GMP environments, and engage in collaborative discussions.
- Have ability to think about the bigger picture relating to job function and how it impacts our patients and Regeneron as a whole.
- Are able to work off-hours occasional weekends to support experiments and troubleshooting.
- Experience with raw material evaluation is a plus.
To be considered for the Process Sciences Associate position with a focus in Raw Material Assessment you must be willing and able to work Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm. Occasional off-shift or weekend work is needed to support experiments and troubleshooting. For various levels you must have the following:
Process Sciences Associate I: BS/BA in life sciences/engineering or related field; Chemical or Bio Engineering, Material Science, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Biology is preferred.
Process Sciences Associate II: BS/BA in life sciences/engineering or related field; Chemical or Bio Engineering, Material Science, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Biology is preferred.and 2+ years of relevant experience
Process Sciences Associate III: BS/BA in life sciences/engineering or related field; Chemical or Bio Engineering, Material Science, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Biology is preferred and 5+ years or relevant experience
Process Sciences Associate IV: BS/BA in life sciences/engineering or related field; Chemical or Bio Engineering, Material Science, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Biology is preferred and 8+ years or relevant experience.
Level is determined based on qualifications relevant to the specific role.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.