District Manager, GI - West Coast (San Francisco, CA)
District Manager, Gastroenterology (DM)
The District Manager (DM), Gastroenterology, will report to the Regional Director, Gastroenterology and be responsible for hiring, leading, developing and retaining Gastroenterology Medical Specialists (sales representatives) in their assigned district. The DM is responsible for ensuring strong and consistent sales performance that exceeds forecast and expectations relating to product goals and driving accountability for all results throughout the District. The DM will work closely with their Alliance partner counterpart(s) to ensure full cooperation and transparency. The DM will work closely to ensure appropriate development and retention of key personnel within the district to continue to facilitate growth in the commercial organization. The DM will accomplish this in a compliant manner with a high degree of integrity strictly following all Regeneron policies and in compliance with all policies and procedures governing the promotion of pharmaceutical and biologic products in the US.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree or other advanced education/certifications a plus (Focused degree in science or clinical experience is a plus).
- Minimum of 7 years of pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical experience with 3 years of sales leadership/management in sub-cutaneous self-injectable biologic markets required. Experience in the Gastroenterology market strongly preferred.
- Successful leadership record of hiring, coaching, developing, promoting, and retaining top talent within span of control and ability to effectively manage performance of the team.
- Proven success and positive track record of performance with a high degree of integrity as a District Sales Manager in complex markets within complex systems required.
- Strong understanding of Payer environment, reimbursement and challenges within National, Regional and local payer market including; government programs, managed health care and evolving health care systems.
- Proven ability and success in developing physician/customer clinical experts in a Regional scope required.
- Ability to partner and collaborate with other internal field teams and alliance partners.
- Ability to travel extensively with local and regional influence.