Director, Incentive Compensation
Title:Director, Incentive Compensation
Company:Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
The Director, Incentive Compensation (IC) oversees the incentive programs for all North America Business Units. This role manages the process for designing incentive programs and is directly responsible for day-to-day implementation and administration of these programs. The Director, IC collaborates with brand and field leadership to design rewards that maximize the performance of field teams in alignment with company strategy.
The Director, IC must be able to work in a self-directed manner within a cross-functional team environment and coordinate and communicate with all stakeholders. A key aspect of this role is the ability to interact with and influence senior sales leaders and members of North American Leadership Team, including CFO, Head of Legal and Compliance, as well as BU Leads.
- Establish and maintain strategic and trusting relationships with cross functional leaders, guiding and influencing business strategies, activities, and decisions. Building confidence with all members of NALT is key to success in this role.
- Lead and influence the IC Quarterly Steering Committee meetings made up of the North America Leadership Team
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of various incentive compensation plans including but not limited to goal, commission, MBO, and relative rank plans
- Stay up to date on industry trends in I/C strategy and development
- Drive innovation to deliver top performing IC Plans that excite and engage the field while driving behaviors to help achieve our SIs and overall objectives
- Manage the I/C vendor to execute all Incentive Compensation activities – plan design, goal setting, IC administration (home office and field reporting processing), ranking reports, IC scorecard, IC payouts, and sales reporting functions – drawing on business analytics partners and external vendors when necessary
- Proactively establish metrics and KPIs to determine and prioritize areas of opportunities for improving IC processes and managing key supplier relationships
- Provide consulting to stakeholders, including BU and Sales and Marketing leads, on IC best practices, customized solutions pertinent to business situations, being a thought leader in all IC related meetings
- Develop appropriate communication tools for the field to provide a comprehensive understanding of how their incentive plans and award programs work
- Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Ipsen U.S. staff
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- BA/BS in a related field is required, advanced degree is a plus
- 7+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech or life sciences experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience specific to incentive compensation design or sales operations preferred, broad commercial operations is a plus
- Ability to accurately assess and synthesize quantitative and qualitative information, draw conclusions, and present solutions to senior leadership
- Understanding of the unique dynamics of IC plans and create customized IC plans supported by modeling / analytics / simulations for all products
- Must show strategic thinking and ability to constructively challenge and influence the decision making process
- Broad commercial operations experience is a plus with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Must be well-organized with excellent time management skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to effectively translate overall strategies into actionable operational plans and assure implementation
- Ability to collaborate with, educate, inform, and influence VP and Sr. VP levels on a regular basis.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, both written and oral, whether in-person or via virtual channels (e.g. Teams, Zoom, conference calls, etc.)
In order to maintain a safe work environment, Ipsen requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against the Covid 19 virus at the time of employment.IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.