Bioassay Scientist, CMC
GreenLight Biosciences solves big problems facing society in agriculture, human health, and animal health through scientific innovation. GreenLight Biosciences is dedicated to bringing our cell-free RNA production process to market. Our work will lead to more sustainable global development, and we promise to deliver our safe solution without compromising the Earth and its people. One of the small coterie of early RNA-focused biotech startups, GreenLight Biosciences was founded in 2008, raised its most recent round this year and has a broad portfolio addressing key issues in plant health and human health. The GreenLight team is over 200 people across our headquarters in Medford, MA, an R&D facility in Woburn, MA and an R&D facility in Research Triangle Park, NC. GreenLight also has a pilot scale biomanufacturing plant in Rochester, NY. Initiatives include finding ways to support biodiversity, protect bees and other pollinators, treat rare diseases such as Sickle Cell Disease as well as develop vaccines for seasonal flu and the current COVID-19 pandemic.
At GreenLight, we believe inclusion is the way forward. We celebrate the power of working together to address humanity’s challenges, meet the needs of underserved populations, and push the boundaries of scientific discovery. Fueled by our aspiration for a true sense of belonging, our talented teams embody the principles of diversity and equality as we strive to bring food security, medicine, and healthcare to everyone—paving the way for a sustainable future. For more information, visit www.greenlightbio.com.
GreenLight Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative scientist to join the Bioassay & Immunoassay team. The successful candidate will support both Research/Discovery and CMC Development to achieve company goals and help advance the company’s pipeline and RNA platform technology. The incumbent will use expertise in late stage/commercial development of bioassays, ELISAs, and aseptic techniques/mammalian cell culture to develop, qualify, and transfer methods. The successful candidate will also help expand bioassay and immunoassay capabilities and build standardized procedures and new platforms.
- Development, qualification, and transfer of a range of cell-based assays and/or immunoassays to support research/discovery as well as CMC development, keeping in mind the analytical target profile.
- Independently works on bioassay method development, participates in method qualifications/transfers, performs analytical testing of RNA vaccines and therapeutics in a variety of formulations.
- Coaches, trains, and coordinates laboratory activities of junior team members in reference to assigned projects and assists in troubleshooting instrument and analytical problems.
- Reviews technical data for completeness and correctness. Performs self-review and peer review of the data ensuring compliance with applicable SOPs.
- Delivers timely and impactful data to help build process and product knowledge to meet project milestones and associated regulatory requirements; this includes the design of protocols, execution of experiments, and reporting and documenting data in technical reports.
- Communicates data and technical issues to internal stakeholders and responds to partner needs and questions.
- Processes data with appropriate statistical analysis and deliver experimental reports and data summaries to multidisciplinary teams.
- Contributes to creation and writing of standardized protocols.
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, or a related field
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Ph.D. with at least 4 years, M.S. with at least 6 years, and B.S with at least 8 years of relevant industry experience in a bioassay/immunoassay setting
- Strong background in cell biology, molecular biology, or pharmaceutical chemistry
- Proficiency in cell culturing and aseptic technique is highly desired
- Proficiency in biochemical and molecular biology protocols, including enzyme-linked immunoassays, nucleic acid, and protein quantification is highly desired
- Track record of using creative problem-solving skills to troubleshoot experimental challenges and optimize assays
- The successful candidate must take accountability and possess strong communication skills, strong organizational skills, and a commitment to team success
- Ability to collaborate in a dynamic and fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- Experience documenting experimental results and instrument performance in laboratory notebooks and electronic databases
Greenlight Biosciences Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GreenLight requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for its employees consistent with OSHA guidelines.