GreenLight Biosciences solves big problems facing society in agriculture, human health, and animal health through scientific innovation. GreenLight Biosciences is dedicated to bringing our cell-free RNA production process to market. Our work will lead to more sustainable global development, and we promise to deliver our safe solution without compromising the Earth and its people. One of the small coterie of early RNA-focused biotech startups, GreenLight Biosciences was founded in 2008, raised its most recent round this year and has a broad portfolio addressing key issues in plant health and human health. The GreenLight team is over 200 people across our headquarters in Medford, MA, an R&D facility in Woburn, MA and an R&D facility in Research Triangle Park, NC. GreenLight also has a pilot scale biomanufacturing plant in Rochester, NY. Initiatives include finding ways to support biodiversity, protect bees and other pollinators, treat rare diseases such as Sickle Cell Disease as well as develop vaccines for seasonal flu and the current COVID-19 pandemic.
At GreenLight, we believe inclusion is the way forward. We celebrate the power of working together to address humanity’s challenges, meet the needs of underserved populations, and push the boundaries of scientific discovery. Fueled by our aspiration for a true sense of belonging, our talented teams embody the principles of diversity and equality as we strive to bring food security, medicine, and healthcare to everyone—paving the way for a sustainable future. For more information, visit www.greenlightbio.com.
GreenLight Biosciences is seeking an experienced scientific and workflow data solutions leader to contribute within the Data Science and Management function. This individual will lead the internal data solutions’ team, and additionally leverage external networks of consultants, software vendors and service providers to make GreenLight Bioscience a data-driven organization.
This individual will lead the decision-making and strategy around scientific data management solutions for internal teams in pre-clinical R&D, clinical manufacturing and QC, Crop Protection Discovery and Biopesticide Manufacturing. The ideal candidate is a strategic leader experienced with driving scientific data management solutions with a general software or data services provider, or with pharma/biotech companies.
- Establish, and implement, the strategy around data management solutions for internal teams in pre-clinical R&D, clinical manufacturing and QC, Crop Protection Discovery and Biopesticide Manufacturing.
- Lead the internal data management team. Expand and leverage their network of software/data-service providers, consultants and vendors to achieve our data objectives.
- Partner with business process owners within GreenLight to understand business needs and structure data capture, management, integration, and analytics
- Closely coordinate with the Data Science and Research Computing teams to achieve objectives. Facilitate the interaction between non-data and IT/data personnel for delivering data solutions
- Lead and own the data model and management of scientific data management systems including but not limited to laboratory information management systems (LIMS), electronic laboratory notebooks (ELN), Custom databases/user interfaces, ELT pipelines and capabilities to ingest a variety of raw experimental data.
- Drive decision making then lead delivery of systems that enable Single Source of Truth using an ELT/ETL framework.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels maintaining rich client relationships that enable seamless rollout of developed data solutions. Interact with cross functional teams to ensure complete delivery of solutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to roll out new functionalities and adhere to the industry standards and change management procedures, enterprise policies, site procedures and work instructions. Training and interaction with company employees is an important part of the job.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or higher Computer Science, Information Technology, or related fields
- 8+ years of IT experience, with 5+ years of leadership experience, in the software services or pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry with heavy emphasis on data management solutions
- Demonstrated experiences with people and project leadership, budgets/resource management, cultivating/maintaining stakeholder relationships, and strategy is a must
- Experience establishing (Strategy to Deployment) of both off-the-shelf and custom data management systems
- Experience establishing 21 CFR-compliant systems in Clinical CMC and pre-clinical R&D settings (LIMS, QMS, DCS, Data Historians etc.)
- 3+ years' of experience driving establishment of LabVantage laboratory information management systems (LIMS), Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) systems such as LabArchives, LabGuru, Benchling etc., and custom databases/user interfaces using SQL, NoSQL, R-shiny etc.
- Experience working with an Azure ecosystem (Azure storage, Azure Data Factory), cloud-data solutions such as Snowflake and analytics-solutions such as Tableau or equivalent
- Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely in understandable form, both orally and in writing. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with reports, vendors, stakeholders, and peers.
- Past experiences with programming languages such as Python, Java. Past experiences with diagnosing problems and resolving issues across various technologies
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable being accountable for work products
- Must maintain a HIGH level of ownership and see assignments through to completion based on agreed upon deadlines.
- Must be independently driven, results-oriented and a quick learner
- Experience developing scientific data models, integrated analytics, and reporting platforms. Experience with SaaS and PaaS software architecture and delivery models
- Experience establishing ISO 9001-compliant systems in a Manufacturing setting
- Experience defining and maintaining data transfer and/or data integration mechanisms in a on-prem and cloud architectures
- Experience architecting and supporting distributed cloud platforms (Azure) and cloud storage platforms (Blob, S3 etc)
- Experience with other GMP compliance systems including Quality Management Systems such as Veeva, Enterprise Resource Planning systems such as Dynamics365
Greenlight Biosciences Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GreenLight requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for its employees consistent with OSHA guidelines.