Director, Oncology Drug Development (Bilingual English/ Mandarin)
Come join our world-class team evaluating, in-licensing, and developing innovative therapeutic products internationally.
HUYABIO is the leader in accelerating the global development of novel biopharmaceutical product opportunities originating in China enabling faster, more cost-effective and lower-risk drug development in the global markets. Through extensive collaboration with biopharmaceutical, academic and commercial organizations, it has built the largest China-sourced compound portfolio covering all therapeutic areas. With offices in the US, Japan, South Korea, Canada, Ireland and eight strategic locations across China, the Company has become a partner of choice to accelerate product development and maximize value globally. For more information, please visit www.huyabio.com.
HUYABIO is seeking an experienced, self-motivated oncology drug development professional to be responsible for leading and implementing necessary steps in developing drug candidates within HUYABIO’s pipeline at different stages of preclinical development to IND (Investigational New Drug applications) and phases of clinical trials.
This is an office-based position that works in a cross-functional and dynamic environment. Clear, timely, professional and effective communication is critical for success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Successfully lead multiple drug discovery and translational research programs driving projects through key inflection points such as submissions to regulatory agencies (IND and NDA)
- Independently design and implement biology and biochemistry aspects into drug discovery testing cascade
- Provide SME-level opinions and develop effective group leadership within HUYABIO’s organization
- Interact with other functional groups (such as CMC, clinical, regulatory, etc.) to lead and oversee IND activities
- Manage and lead studies at CROs, including study planning, design, execution and data acquisition
- Work collaboratively across multiple discovery project teams and interface with various company functions (e.g., clinical operations, clinical science, finance, business development, etc.)
- Implement the highest ethical and regulatory standards during the investigation and development of anticancer agents
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Ph.D. in biomedical sciences with 10+ years experiences in oncology drug development within pharmaceutical/biotech companies
- Must have a proven track-record of project leadership experience (from early preclinical phase to IND submission) in oncology drug development
- Prior experiences with both small molecule and biologics drug development
- Deep understanding of cell and molecular biology methods such as flow cytometry, gene expression profiling, qPCR, ELISA, western blotting and also histology methods such as IHC and ISH.
- Excellent scientific standing among peers as indicated by publications in peer reviewed journals and patents
- Ability to develop and implement strategic plans
- Excellent communication skills, high level of comfort/success working in a matrix environment (global/multi-cultural/cross functional), including contributing daily to building trust, establishing clarity, collaboration and driving results
- Strong consensus-building skills and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams towards key decision-making
- Must be bilingual and fluent in both English and Chinese (Mandarin)
This position requires periodic standing, sitting, stooping, and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds. The position is full‐time, and the candidate must be within commuting distance to HUYABIO’s Del Mar, CA office.
To learn more about HUYABIO, please visit www.huyabio.com. HUYABIO is an equal opportunity employer.