Specialist, Quality Assurance
At Lyell, our vision is to develop curative cell-based immunotherapies for solid tumor cancers. We have innovative science originating from our founder’s world class labs and a unique and disruptive approach to research and development. Our company is first and foremost focused on understanding the science. We are a learning organization, dependent on deep collaborative relationships between all of our colleagues, partners and founders. Our culture is based on Science, Respect, Collaboration and Courage and it reflects who we are and the environment we are creating.
You will be responsible for the continued implementation and operation of Quality Assurance processes. This role will oversee Asset Management, Batch Records, Change Management, Deviation and CAPA, GMP Cleanroom Support, Lot Disposition, Quality Control (QC) Data, Quality Risk Management (QRM), Raw Materials.
KEY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Implementation of GMP Quality Operations
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and system owners on the continued implementation of the Quality GMP processes at LyFE. Create and/or collaborate on corresponding SOPs.
- Represent Quality Assurance on project specific teams, as needed.
Execute Routine Quality Assurance Operations
- Perform review and approval of executed electronic batch records, and resolution of discrepancies with manufacturing personnel.
- Perform review and approval of Change Management deliverables.
- Perform review and approval of Deviation and CAPA record deliverables.
- Provide quality support for manufacturing operations in the cleanroom facilities (e.g., changeover/line clearance support, APH receipt, product pack-out, event triage).
- Perform review of final product lot file and lot disposition.
- Perform review and approval of testing data generated by the QC unit and/or 3rd party contract test labs.
- Participate in QRM activities (e.g., serve as Quality representative for risk assessments).
- Perform review and disposition of incoming raw materials, and approval of raw material specifications.
- Author and/or collaborate on the creation, revision, and obsoletion of Standard Operating Procedures across the LyFE site.
- Perform review and approval of validation deliverables, asset induction/release deliverables, on-demand work, and non-conformances.
- Support other routine Quality operations as required, commensurate with experience and the LyFE site maturation.
- BSc degree with 7 years’ experience in biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering, bioengineering, or related technological field.
- MSc degree with 4 years’ experience in biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering, bioengineering, or related technological field.
- A minimum of 6 years in GMP biopharmaceutical operations with a minimum of 4+ years in a GMP Quality role.
- Experience in clinical manufacturing.
- Experience with quality management systems (e.g. deviations, CAPAs, change management).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Fast learner, adaptable, with enterprise viewpoint and excellent cross-collaboration and inter-personal skills.
- The desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Motivated and organized critical thinker with solid interpersonal and business communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team to set goals, develop sound project plans, monitor progress, and report results.
- Ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet deadlines and balance competing priorities.
- Excellent analytical skills and scientific/technical expertise.
Shift Work, Weekend Work, and Holiday Coverage:
Due to the nature of our autologous cell therapies and the need to deliver life-saving treatments to our patients as timely as possible, shift work, weekend work, and holiday work will be required.
At Lyell, we believe that highest performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who respectfully challenge each other. We are committed to building an open, diverse and inclusive culture for all employees.
Lyell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.”
We’ve learned from experience that some of the best people don’t always match our requirements perfectly - if you’re interested and think you could fit, please don’t hesitate to apply.