Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We employ experts from top programs at over 500 universities, as well as technical specialists from a variety of industries. At Exponent, we look to hire intelligent and driven people who want to make an impact and grow their careers within a dynamic consulting firm. You will work together with our consultants to provide outstanding service to our clients and to achieve our vision as a pre-eminent engineering and scientific consulting firm. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Facilities Manager for our Corporate Facilities team in Menlo Park, CA. In this role, you will work as part of a team to plan, design, budget, source, and manage the construction and maintenance facilities and systems for offices and laboratories. The individual in this position will be responsible for project construction and facilities management of company owned and leased properties facilities in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Facilities Manager will implement and maintain a range of facilities related programs and initiatives, and determine the resources needed to maintain existing programs, as required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing company and tenant improvements, R&D, labs, office and other types of projects which will include planning, budgeting and scheduling the equipment, labor, materials and other related costs
- Supervising employees, contractors, and vendors which will include overseeing the work of individuals performing unskilled and semi-skilled maintenance tasks such as cleaning, painting, grounds maintenance and other tasks
- Performing technical and non-technical tasks to maintain mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems including changing filters, lubricating moving parts, monitoring machine conditions and performing repairs to fans, pumps, switches and other components, as needed
- Negotiating agreements with architects, consultants, contractors, suppliers and subcontractors
- Reading and interpreting construction blueprints and in-house technical drawings with information regarding occupancy, furnishings, building systems, and environmental health and safety requirements
- Controlling project quality, ensuring compliance with company standards and government requirements; reviewing and approving proposal and invoices; closing out construction projects
- Developing preventive maintenance programs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, mechanical, electrical, HVAC, furniture, site and building security, and building life safety and fire protection systems
- Working with the Safety Department to maintain environmental health and safety programs to ensure employee safety and compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations
- Maintaining multi-facility historical service records and construction prints/records
- Developing and documenting Facility SOPs (standard operating procedures)
- Performing move and relocation of furniture and equipment
- Obtaining all necessary permits and licenses as required
- Selecting, contracting, and overseeing workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as plumbing or painting
- Securing supplies and materials to complete construction projects
- Conferring with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems; recommending and implementing policies, procedures and work standards and practices for more efficient departmental operation
- Investigating damage, accidents, or delays at sites and develop corrective action plan
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with work experience in the construction/project/facilities field
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience in construction/construction projection management/facility management or related field
- Must have strong computer skills in desktop applications such as AutoCAD, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented, able to excel under pressure as well as demonstrate strength, flexibility, and promptness in dealing with changes, and unanticipated challenges in a corporate environment
- Must be results-driven, be a self-starter, have initiative and able to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Must be willing to travel as required (up to 10%)
- Knowledge of buildings and structures issues, architectural design, electrical, mechanical and electronic communication systems and knowledge of the federal, state, and local building and safety codes and regulations with a focus on deploying and supporting effective corporate solutions in a cost conscious environment
- Ability to design and implement facilities solutions based on business requirements
- Prior procurement and contract administration experience a plus
- Must have proof of a valid driver’s license and be insurable under company’s liability policy
- Must be able to regularly lift and move objects up to 100 pounds
Please visit the following link to learn how Exponent and our staff are making an impact: https://info.exponent.com/our-impact
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.