We are currently searching for a Budget Analyst to provide financial and budgetary services for the NIH/NIAID Division of Intramural Research to provide budget tracking for Federal Research Laboratories and associated financial management. Need to be able to track budgets at an NIH Divisional and Laboratory level on a fiscal year basis and clearly communicate and explain complex federal financial issues to customers who are not experts in federal financial issues. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain budget spreadsheets, track project expenditures and budget amendments
- Develop, update, and maintain spreadsheets for tracking budgets
- Prepare spreadsheets to analyze information
- Update spreadsheets pertaining to procurement, budgets, and awards
- Develop and maintain budget presentation master files and spreadsheets
- Gathers financial information and develops spreadsheets to support coordination of budgetary activities
- Conduct management reviews or audits of financial data and reports and provide appropriate summary conclusions
- Provide detailed, comparative projections of financial data and spending plans
- Identify potential issues and discuss with staff
- Work with Budget Program Analyst to manage central expenses
- Work with staff on the executing and/ or monitoring for budgets of the divisions and programs of the Institute
- Assist with budgetary and financial management services
- Monitor, review, and reconcile information relating to commitments, obligations, expenditures, and reimbursable orders
- Monitor and analyze funding plans and organization spending projections; prepare justifications as required
- Obtain, organize, and maintain necessary documentation requiring signatures
- Conduct review of obligating documents in accounting systems
- Document and manage business partner agreements through Excel-based logs
- Assist in processing inter/ intra agency agreements and direct funding citations in keeping with defined budget authority levels
- Process inter/ intra agency agreements and direct funding citations in keeping with defined budget authority levels
- Conduct management reviews or audits of financial data and reports and provide appropriate summary conclusions; provide recommendations for corrective action if necessary
- Analyze data and produce financial reports to be used by staff in determining financial resources and budget allocations
- Prepare, analyze, and track budget and financial reports
- Perform specialized duties for agency and IC agreements, gifts funds and requests for use of appropriated funds
- Work with Budget Program Analyst to develop long range strategic plans to maximize financial, workforce, space, facility, clinical, animal and related resources
- Prepare materials for the annual PI resource reviews and BSC reviews
- Perform a broad range of data analytics for Budget Program Analyst so that the Institute can make data informed decisions on resources; identify trends, gaps, and potential cost savings
- Work with budget analysts in preparing the end of year reporting
- Update budget system with allocations and expenditures Identify errors and make corrections
- Collaborate with Budget Team staff to estimate fiscal year and end-of-year budgets
- Monitor and analyze expenditures and organizational spending plans to assist with budgetary activities
- Populate and maintain budget formulation master files and spreadsheets for use in coordinating budget planning activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Medical Administration
- Financial related certification preferred
- At least 2 years of experience
- Annual budget preparation and reconciliation, funds tracking and auditing
- Fiscal year closeout
- Account reconciliation
- Financial and/or accounting systems
- MS Office
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.