Clinical Research Nurse
We are currently searching for a Clinical Research Nurse to provide support to perform assessments and collects medical and research data from patients, perform procedures like IV placement, phlebotomy and administering medications, and monitoring patient progress safety and research data collection. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with staff to analyze and evaluate current systems of health care delivery and to identify and implement new practice patterns
- Present clinical data in terms which may be understood by the patient, as well as interpretation at a level which is conversant with other health professional including physicians
- Document observations and identify and evaluate trends and important findings, communicating information to the multidisciplinary research team for prompt clinical action
- Monitor activities pertaining to clinical protocols such as monitoring patient recruitment and retention, trial progress, and the need for extension or renewal of ongoing trials
- Provide instruction to potential clinical study subjects and those involved in care of subjects on aspects of subject’s care, treatments, and side-effects
- Provide information about the study to referring physicians, advocacy groups, NIH offices, and in response to inquiries from potential study participants
- Participate in direct patient care, in coordination with interdisciplinary team and specific team members to create and communicate a plan of care that balances clinical care needs with research
- Review findings from assessments and other sources in clinical rounds
- Review charts to collect relevant clinical data such as laboratory test results and social background
- Perform procedures like IV placement, phlebotomy and administering medications and monitors patient progress
- Discuss with patients about conditions, treatments and medications
- Ensure informed consent process and human subjects protection in clinical research and counsel patients regarding the potential risks
- Collaborate with researchers and medical staff to obtain and maintain informed consent and assent and address ethical and legal implication of the research protocol
- Perform quality assurance and quality control activities relating to protocol adherence, protocol monitoring, data collection, data abstraction and data analysis and protect research participant data in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Assist Nurse Practitioners and Research Physicians to evaluate and make recommendations to improve patient care and adhere to good clinical practices and research activities
- Collaborate with clinical and research staff to plan, evaluate, coordinate and revise program to conduct safe and effective research and clinical programs
- Perform accurate data entry into research database, including the use of standardized scales and assessments
- Support the general implementation, tracking, data acquisition, collection and reporting of all elements of the protocols
- Manage data through research databases to ensure accurate and reliable data entry
- Examine and monitor patients during protocol studies; ensure the collection of a complete clinical database on each patient
- MS Office, familiarity with electronic medical record systems
- Minimum Education: BS Degree in Nursing with 3-4 years of specialized experience preferred
- Registered Nurse License in Maryland
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.