We are currently searching for an Administrative Assistant to provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics. The primary objective is to provide services and deliverables through performance of support services. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze information about processes and programs
- Perform a variety of complex, specialized support tasks on an ongoing and ad hoc basis; manage special projects, draft letters and reports, prepare and edit presentations, develop meeting agendas and create and update spreadsheets and databases
- Compile data and create and maintain PowerPoint presentations for presentation utilizing computer programs
- Maintain office records including office procurements and reimbursement procedures
- Set up and format spreadsheets to analyze information
- Coordinate the preparation of a variety of items such as travel requests, professional service orders, requests for sponsored travel Form 348, outside activities Form 520, official duty memoranda, leave authorizations, training requests, individual mass mailings, correspondence, reports and various forms
- Coordinate meetings, workshops and courses for staff; schedule conference rooms
- Prepare and route personnel packages for onboarding, transfer, promotions, terminations, including processing of credentialing packages
- On- and off-boarding of US citizen and foreign individuals in the fellowship and summer intern programs, as well as annual renewals
- Maintain and utilize various administrative databases to include support with timekeeping duties
- Note commitments made by staff during meetings and monitor staff implementation
- Arrange for staff member to represent organization at conferences and meetings, establish appointment priorities, or reschedule or refuse appointments or invitations
- Act as focal point and primary initial contact for matters concerning the Office; design and coordinate systems for communications among staff to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects and program activities
- Immediately inform Administrative Lead of any work requests that cannot be completed on time due to work overload or to inadequate lead time given by requesting staff member
- In the executive level’s absence, ensure that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff furnished in timely manner; decide whether executive level should be notified of important or emergency issues
- Summarize the content of incoming materials, especially gathered information, or meetings to assist staff; coordinate the new information with background office sources; draw attention to important parts or conflicts
- Track, record and transfer manuscripts to reviewers
- Maintain branch file systems for correspondence and projects
- Compose correspondence requiring some understanding of technical matters within the program
- Coordinate the printing and conversion of paper documents to electronic files
- Bachelor’s Degree in Community and Public Health (or related field)
- At least 6 years of specialized experience preferred
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Expense reconciliation, project management/planning, timekeeping, fellowship program management
- Meeting minutes/summary reports
- Meeting coordination
- Travel planning
- MS Office
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.