Program Support Specialist
We are currently searching for a Program Support Specialist to provide program support for the new Antiviral Program for Pandemics. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze information about processes and programs; prepare reports, letters, and other documents for review and input for programs, policies, and activities
- Design and coordinate systems for communications among staff to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects and program activities
- Set up and format spreadsheets to analyze information
- Update and maintain calendars and shared calendars for multiple staff members
- Coordinate meetings, workshops and courses for staff; schedule conference rooms
- Read outgoing correspondence for executive levels approval and alert writers to any conflict with the file or departure from policies or executive levels viewpoints; make recommendations to resolve problems that arise
- In the executive level’s absence, ensure that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff; decide whether executive level should be notified of important or emergency issues
- Summarize the content of incoming materials, especially gathered information or meetings; coordinate the new information with background office sources; draw attention to important parts or conflicts
- Compose correspondence requiring some understanding of technical matters within the program
- Note commitments made by executive level during meetings and arrange for staff implementation
- Prepares human resource packages for trainees
- Maintain branch file systems for correspondence and projects
- Coordinate the preparation of a variety of items such as travel requests, professional ser-vice orders, requests for sponsored travel Form 348, outside activities Form 520, official duty memoranda, training requests, individual mass mailings, correspondence, re-ports and various forms
- Coordinate the printing and conversion of paper documents to electronic files
- Develop, maintain and utilize various administrative databases
- Compile data and create and maintain PowerPoint presentations for presentation utilizing computer programs
- Format and submit summary reports and financials
- Provide support with timekeeping duties
- Maintain office records including office procurements and reimbursement procedures
- Track and record manuscripts and enter POTS requests as needed to pay for the publications
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline OR High School diploma with 4 years specialized experience
- Minimum 6 years of specialized experience
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of NIH procurement, purchasing and administrative systems
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.