We are currently searching for a Clinical Biostatistician to perform data management and carry out statistical analysis for assigned NINDS Stroke Branch intramural research projects. Provide statistical advice and consultation to the investigators in the NINDS Stroke Branch in study design, data management, choice and application of statistical methods, data analysis, and interpretation of statistical results. Write data analysis reports, prepare tables and figures of statistical results, and participate in the preparation of scientific presentations and manuscripts. Participate in Stroke Branch group meetings and activities such as reviewing clinical study protocols. Participate in internal research and development activities. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Integrate data from multiple sources into SAS data sets
- Develop and implement new research and study designs using appropriate statistical methods
- Provide consultation on use of statistical methods and software packages to other staff
- Consult with staff on the application of statistical methods to address the key study scientific aims of the study
- Stay abreast of relevant science and current research, as well as relevant regulatory and policy-related issues
- Provide biostatistical expertise for the research study
- Communicate research findings, disseminate public information and respond to relevant inquiries
- Collaborate and work with a team of researchers to develop, iterate and execute innovative strategies for genomic data integration and modeling prediction
- Work with branch staff and research training fellows to provide statistical support for studies based on existing data sets; work with staff to assemble data sets for these purposes
- Perform descriptive and missing data analysis
- Apply a variety of data reduction techniques
- Prepare summaries and reports for staff review
- Write statistical sections in manuscripts; work with research staff to interpret referees’ comments on manuscripts
- Provide description of statistical methods in manuscripts; work with research staff to respond to and interpret referees’ comments
- Analyze, interpret, communicate and document epidemiologic data and results
- Provide analytic results using standard statistical procedures, including descriptive statistics, rate standardization, stratification of data and model building logistic regression, conditional logistic regression, Cox regression using SAS, Stata, Epicure, and similar statistical software programs
- Participate in and contribute to different aspects of the research study through study planning, decision-making, problem-solving and strategic analysis
- Present data: prepare charts, tables, and graphs, using software such as PowerPoint, Excel, Stata, Sigma plot, or Origin that can be used for scientific monographs, book chapters, and professional presentations including poster and oral presentations
- Perform data cleaning identifying and correcting data entry errors and or missing values and data transformation creating and categorizing variables and imputing data
- Conduct relevant literature reviews and collaborate on relevant research publications
- Research and review literature to retrieve targeted clinical or scientific information from publicly available resources
- Provide literature review related to analyses used in comparable studies
- Develop training strategies and implement training activities for internal and external researchers
- Research and analyze new developments in biostatistical methods and applications
- Master’s Degree in Neuroscience, Community and Public Health, or related public health disciplines
- At least 4 years of specialized experience in Public Health
- Experience in longitudinal data analysis and multi-level modeling
- Stata or SAS
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.