Senior Procurement Lead Specialist
The work we do at FDB has never been more important—and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We are growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people's lives. Join FDB and help manufacture the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. We are proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy and drive - what we call Genki.
We are growing our locations and are investing more than $2 billion into establishing a new large-scale manufacturing site for biopharmaceuticals in the United States to accelerate the growth of our Bio CDMO (Contract and Development Manufacturing Organization) business. This will be the largest end-to-end cell culture CDMO provider in North America.
The new site will offer end-to-end solutions to our customers looking to manufacture biopharmaceuticals in the US. In addition to drug substance manufacture, it will also provide automated fill-finish and assembly, packaging, and labeling services. The new site is to be located in Holly Springs, North Carolina, United States.
The Senior Procurement Lead Specialist is responsible for driving the sourcing and procurement of goods and services in alignment with business leadership, along with contractor and supplier management. This position will be responsible for strategic procurement activities for our new investment project located in Holly Springs, NC. As the Senior Procurement Lead Specialist you will take a leading role in creating, establishing, implementing and supporting our category management, contract management, risk management, stakeholder management and supplier value management.
- Design and implement procurement processes, policies and procedures
- Develops and implements sourcing, negotiating and contracting strategies to achieve the desired outcomes aligned with the site strategy
- Oversee the daily procure to pay process, including vendor selection and set-up process
- Facilitate the contract process, including negotiation, bidding and monitoring terms of agreements
- Manage performance of purchase orders, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures
- Maintain relationships with vendors to procure products, negotiate contract terms and conditions and answer vendor inquiries
- Collaboration and coordination with Project Managers to complete required procurement documentation to ensure timely acquisition of requested items and/or services
- Establish criteria for and advise budget owners on vendor bidding and comparison, preferred vendor selection and lead contract negotiations
- Collaborate with the Legal department to execute NDAs, MSAs, and SOWs
- Communicating with vendors to track procured items and ensure the accuracy of items delivered
- Identify opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations
- Develop and report on key performance indicators to measure performance and internal/external customer satisfaction levels
- Negotiates and manages long-term pricing agreements
- Monitors supplier performance and recommends corrective action as necessary
- Assists in resolving procurement discrepancies and works closely with suppliers, finance, receiving and other internal departments
- Develop and conduct training for end-users on the creation of purchase orders
- Employ sound business practices and assess supplier performance
- Manage purchase order workflows within the system
- Establish and maintain key stakeholder relationship, understanding their needs and priorities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, Finance, Supply Chain. Master's degree is a plus
- 5+ years of work experience in Sourcing/Procurement discipline preferred, ideally within a large multi-national company.
- Experience with SAP or any ERP system
- Sound IT skills – particularly in spreadsheet, word processing and presentation packages
- Knowledge of principles, practices and trends in purchasing, procurement and contract
- Understanding of the end to end Procurement process including experience of Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management
- Extensive experience of developing business specific contracts and agreements
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to adapt, prioritize and execute to
achieve desired results
- Collaborative style (across team/multiple teams and remote management)
- Strong attention to detail, communication skills and professional demeanor
Other requirements for this role:
- Be collaborative, but work with autonomy
- Be highly analytical; think strategically
- High level of customer focus and have a sense of urgency to meet customer timelines
- Intense Learn and Be Curious drive
- Ability to balance multiple priorities while executing within compliance to guidelines and policy
- Experience with competitive bidding
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including MS Excel, Word, and Teams
- Willing to travel, domestically and internationally
- Ability and willingness to work in an office environment majority of the time
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company's ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class. If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please email FDBUHR@fujifilm.com.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.