We are currently searching for a Development Specialist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and manage a comprehensive strategy for collaboration and fundraising including research, tracking, cultivation, solicitation, and administration.
- Evaluate performance of development strategies on an annual basis.
- Coordinate a cross-organizational working group committed to resource development efforts.
- Ensure accurate and consistent data and files on resource development activities including contact information, funding priorities, reporting requirements, and deadlines.
- Coordinate communication with current and prospective collaborators.
- Work with project leadership teams to develop performance metrics for business development activities and programs.
- Report results that demonstrate the programs’ impacts to collaborators and the research community.
- Develop system for securing, acknowledging, and accounting for in-kind services and products.
- Coordinate on-site and virtual visits with collaborators.
- Travel as necessary to support the development goals of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field.
- Minimum of five (5+) years of professional development experience in a community-based, healthcare, or nonprofit fundraising setting.
- Experience with preparation of grant proposals, relationship management and cultivation, researching funding opportunities, and managing detailed records.
- Ability to make donors & collaborators feel valued.
- Self-starter who can develop creative solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to drive potential collaborators to action.
- Must possess a high-level of attention-to-detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.Company Description
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.