Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
Relocation Assistance/Sign on Bonus Available
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Manufacturing Associate for our Canton site location. The successful candidate will have a high school diploma and 0-2 years of experience in a cGMP biopharmaceutical/biotech production environment. Must have a technical understanding of operations carried out within the manufacturing support area. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
Assist in the preparation activities for the production of bulk vaccines in accordance with cGMP documentation to meet the production schedule and goals of the site.
Operations focus on Upstream Cell Culture activities including unit operations of Static and Dynamic Cell Culture, Microcarrier Separation and Concentration. The candidate will also conduct general GMP operations as needed to support activity including equipment assembly, solution preparation, operation of autoclaves, and parts washing. Knowledge and experience of aseptic behavior is a benefit to the candidate. Responsible for operating in a safe and compliant manner, to ensure production goals are met.
- Executes production processes to support bulk vaccine manufacturing in accordance with cGMP documentation which includes Upstream Cell Culture activities including unit operations of Static and Dynamic Cell Culture, Microcarrier Separation and Concentration. Ability to construct process manifolds, operate sonicator, parts washer, and autoclave in support of routine production. Perform aseptic process operations as required by operating procedures. Ability to follow written and verbal instruction with attention to detail and good documentation practices.
- Ensures training requirements are kept up to date in operations being performed
- Maintains equipment preparation area including ordering and restocking materials for manifold preparation and cleaning solutions as well as perfomring required cleaning in the areas.
- Participates in preparation and updating of cGMP documentation for operations being performed, ability to initiate document change requests.
- Ability to apply acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks, while having the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- High school diploma required. College degree preferred.
- 0-2 years of related experience in a cGMP biopharmaceutical/ biotech production environment
- Must have a technical understanding of operations carried out with in the manufacturing support area. Must be quality focused with knowledge and understanding of cGMP quality systems and their application to manufacturing operations.
- Ability to maintain and operate laboratory equipment such as pH meters, conductivity meter, filter integrity tester, scales, pumps, sonicator, parts washer, and autoclave.
- Ability to work in a team environment, with concise verbal and written communication with line manager and team.
- Ability to work effectively within a small, dynamic team setting to meet the needs of the production schedule and site goals. Ability to communicate effectively within the department.
Key technical competencies and soft skills:
- General math and writing skills required
- Ability to perform multiple tasks as assigned, with flexibility to work according to the production schedule
- Computer literate with familiarity with Word and Excel
Interested? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com to apply today!