Director, Market Development, Hospital and Health Systems (East)
Director, Market Development, Hospital and Health Systems, East Region
This newly created Director, Market Development Hospital and Health Systems role is a multifaceted position responsible for developing and implementing strategies and tactics to clearly define business objectives, establish and build strategic relationships with key partners, and lead cross-functional initiatives that prepare Freenome to make a remarkable clinical impact.
You will develop relationships with providers, platform companies, health care services organizations, health systems, and academic medical centers that are critical to achieving our mission of accessibility, adherence, and exceptional patient care. You will bring industry and technical experience, strategic perspective, excellent business development skills, and the ability to clarify and summarize complex issues with attention to detail. You possess exceptional analytical skills regarding technical and financial matters with partners and influence and communicate effectively with all levels cross-functionally. You thrive in a team-oriented high-performing environment, with high accountability for delivering results.
How you’ll contribute:
- Balance a thoughtful strategic market development vision with the practical implementation and execution of cohesive plans
- Develop relationships with clinical champions that help Freenome establish and demonstrate the clinical, operational, and economic case for adoption.
- Prepare Freenome for successful commercial launch, including establishing strategic partnerships and collaborations
- Synthesize clinical care and diagnostic workflows (diagnostic journey across provider types) through secondary research to inform internal product management, clinical development, and commercial infrastructure initiatives
- Work cross-functionally to execute health economic impact studies
- Increase brand and product awareness/recognition through cost-effective pre-commercial initiatives that demonstrate Freenome’s commitment and leadership
- Plan and implement for commercial launch readiness in preparation for mainstream clinical utilization of Freenome’s multiomics platform
- Lead segment-specific initiatives to operationalize critical commercial competencies with providers
- Develop, structure, negotiate and sign new partnerships with prospective strategic partner organizations
- Analyze industry dynamics and the competitive landscape to define opportunities in critical segments, regions, and categories
- Provide cultural and business leadership through expertise in the clinical diagnostics, health systems, and technology provider domains while demonstrating proficiency in market development, business development, formal and informal communication, project leadership, people development, and mentorship to a broad set of roles across the company
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical, technical, or scientific field, advanced degree preferred
- At least ten years of experience in market development for clinical diagnostic products, biopharma, healthcare services, or life sciences strategic consulting
- A data-driven approach to executing with a creative flair for delivering results
- Growth mindset with demonstrated expertise of trends and key selection criteria for clinicians and/or along the care journey across clinical specialties
- Experience in a fast-growing commercial organization with product launch experience
- Understanding of diagnostic and cancer screening trends with an ability to integrate knowledge or research from multiple data sources to develop and support assumptions
- Outstanding customer-centric and relationship management skills
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills, with proven experience managing complex projects through influence
- Demonstrated bias for action to iterate and create clarity within ambiguous initiatives.
Freenome has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, our employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Freenome is on a mission to empower everyone with the tools they need to detect, treat, and ultimately prevent cancer.
We have pioneered the most comprehensive multiomics platform for early cancer detection through a routine blood draw. By combining deep expertise in molecular biology with advanced computational biology and machine learning techniques to recognize disease-associated patterns among billions of circulating, cell-free biomarkers, we are developing simple and accurate blood tests for early cancer detection and integrating the actionable insights into health systems to operationalize a machine learning feedback loop between care and science.
Our recent $270 Million Series C brings our financing to over $500 million from investors, including; Bain Capital, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Polaris Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, funds and accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., GV (formerly Google Ventures), Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures, Data Collective Venture Capital, Novartis and Verily Life Sciences.
Freenome is building technology to advance the understanding of cancer through multiple analytes derived from blood. These signals include cell-free DNA, methylation of cell-free DNA, cell-free RNA, circulating proteins, and immune profiling derived from thousands of prospective samples. By developing novel statistical learning methods and applying them to integrate various -omics datasets, Freenome is a leader in modeling specific biological mechanisms to capture disease-dependent signatures, including gene expression, immune response, tumor burden, the tissue of origin, and 3D chromatin structure.
By building comprehensive discovery datasets and modeling critical biological systems, Freenome is learning what biological changes are present within the blood between a variety of different disease states, including cancer, autoimmune disorders, infections, drug response, and aging. The synthesis of Freenome’s datasets, cross-functional technical expertise, and audacious mission to discover biological truth, we seek to improve the lives of millions through early detection and early treatment of disease.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic, and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
We value empathy, integrity, and trust in one another, and we respect the diverse perspectives of our colleagues and those we serve. We assume positive intent and give each other the benefit of the doubt with the firm belief that we are a team working toward the same objectives. We believe in empowering and supporting each other in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
What does a successful person look like at Freenome?
Those who thrive at Freenome prioritize, manage, and execute their own goals with ownership and alignment with those of the company. They embrace our values of empathy, integrity, striving for greatness, servant leadership, trust, and holding themselves and their team accountable to these values. They crave collaboration with brilliant minds from disparate fields of study and believe that hiring and mentorship are fundamental to our success. Above all, they welcome and provide constructive feedback and criticism, trusting in others’ good intentions, and being secure in knowing that embracing mistakes is the best way to learn and grow. For those who pursue challenges, understudied problems, and want the opportunity to see their work impact the lives of millions of people affected by cancer every year, there’s no better place to be than Freenome.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.