We are currently searching for an Anesthesiologist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to requests for emergency airway management in children (including infants) and adults.
- The anesthesiologist will participate in every aspect of pre and post-operative care.
- Develop and implement anesthetic care plans in concert with individual surgeons based on research protocols and operative plans of care. In addition, anesthesiologist consults on acute pain management to medical surgical patients, and consults in the Pre-Anesthesia visits.
- Display proficiency in working with difficult airways, use of invasive monitoring, and ACLS algorithms.
- Assists for immediate postoperative therapy and intensive care anesthesiology until call team arrives.
- Shift Schedule: Monday-Sunday, 3:30 pm-7 am
- Doctor of Medicine Degree (M.D.)
- Anesthesiologist shall have a minimum of two years post-residency experience in the administration of anesthesia in complicated diagnostic and critical surgical procedures, including but not limited to thoracic, neurosurgical, ophthalmologic, general, surgical oncology, pediatric and dental surgery.
- Anesthesiologist shall be licensed in a state, territory or commonwealth of the United States or District of Columbia.
- Anesthesiologist shall be certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required to work as a member of a team under varied and potentially stressful conditions.
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.