Global Brand Associate Director-Oncology Breast
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Global Brand Associate Director is accountable for supporting the development, integration, and execution of all strategic planning and commercialization efforts globally. Critical responsibilities include supporting the development and execution of all pre-launch and launch activities, counter-competitive strategic development, budget management, forecasting as well as coordinating commercialization activities with regional teams globally.
- Support the development and lead the implementation of brand objectives and tactics including competitive framework assessment, market research, preliminary brand strategy (buying process, segmentation, brand character/book, positioning, target audience messaging, pre-launch communication and public relations initiatives.)
- Help develop and coordinate lifecycle planning including financial forecasting assumption requirements and market research and competitive intelligence activities to drive continued differentiation and value optimization.
- Take a leadership role in planning and execution of the global brand plan to address key strategic brand issues toward commercial optimization.
- Support global commercial brand strategy by facilitating timely resolution of business issues.
- Ensure commercial direction for is provided to cross-functional teams including but not limited to product clinical development team(s), HEOR, PRA, medical affairs, manufacturing and PR. This should be proactive and facilitate the timely resolution of business-critical issues.
- Ensure alignment on projects with Alliance, cross-functional and regional counterparts. Ensure all strategies, tactics, and activities related to commercialization are compliant with DS policies.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree required emphasis in marketing preferred
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 7 or More Years brand marketing experience or comparable experience/education required
- 1 or More Years oncology pharmaceutical marketing in the US or EU key market or comparable experience/education required
- Experience in leading global commercial cross-functional and cross-cultural matrix teams preferred
- Oncology sales experience preferred
Travel: Ability to travel up to 30% Frequent overnight and international travel.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.