Senior Staff Scientist, Cardiovascular & Renal Research
Senior Staff Scientist to lead research in disease(s) impacting cardiac and vascular function. Cellular, molecular, and genetic mechanistic expertise required. Expertise in preclinical models of cardiac diseases, cardiac and vascular function assessments, and associated imaging technologies required. This position offers the opportunity to engage in the full discovery process, from new target discovery and validation, to shepherding a program through preclinical drug development and serving as scientific expert for clinical stage programs.
As a Senior Staff Scientist on the cardiovascular & renal research team, a typical day might include the following:
- Identifying novel targets and technologies to support cardiovascular indications, and designing experiments to validate them.
- Independent planning and execution of complex in vivo, ex vivo, and in vitro experiments.
- Accurately documenting experimental procedures and results
- Communicating, and effectively presenting of results in a variety of team settings.
- Responsible for authoring documentation such as journal articles, patent applications, regulatory documents, etc.
- Managing Research Associates.
This may be the role for you if you have or are seeking the:
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies/methods
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have a PhD or MD and possess a minimum with 10+ years relevant experience. Experience with multiple therapeutic modalities and in-vitro cardiac models a plus. A strong record of innovation and research accomplishments in cardiovascular and renal research.