We are currently searching for a Chromatographer to collaborate as part of a multidisciplinary team using the available resources to perform the analysis and purification for a wide array of compounds, as well as develop novel methods and procedures for implementation with automated technologies and workflows. The Chromatographer will be expected to work as a well-trained problem solver in the areas of SFC, HPLC, and UHPLC. They will manage, troubleshoot, and regularly maintain the instrumentation. They will be expected to prepare samples of various modalities prior to purification and analysis, training staff regarding methods and procedures, and aiding in data analysis. They will draft technical reports, manuscripts, and patent applications, and present work at meetings. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Rockville, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform supercritical fluid chromatography SFC for the analysis and purification of compounds
- Store new samples, update database, retrieve samples with proper authorization
- Develop LC and SFC analytical and preparative methods and provide training on HPLC, UPLC, Maintain and provide updates on chromatography consumables and parts, as well as equipment maintenance
- Train new laboratory members in the correct use of equipment, application of techniques and laboratory protocols
- Analyze samples using validated analytical methods for ongoing studies.
- Work with staff to perform various complex chemical experiments and procedures
- perform various complex chemical experiments and procedures
- Develop and document new procedures.
- Participate in annual laboratory clean up events
- Write technical protocols and reports
- Purify compounds submitted by chemists employing analytical and preparative liquid chromatography LC utilizing all available instrumentation and the associated the vendor software
- and SFC instrumentation
- Ensure that supplies and consumables are ready and on hand as necessary for maximum efficiency in the laboratory
- Work with staff to cover glassware washing, media preparation, and autoclaving
- Work with staff in the development of automated systems for instrument data capture, management, and access
- Utilize in-house laboratory information management system LIMS and electronic laboratory notebook ELN software; enter and review data
- Perform general maintenance and upkeep on the LCMS, UPLC-MS, and SFC instrumentation, and the preparative purification systems
- Maintain and perform light training on scientific instrumentation, including, but not limited to, HPLCUPLC instruments, SFC instrument, purification systems, analytical balances, centrifuges, spectrophotometers, and vacuum apparatus
- Develop custom automated reports and maintain data from the SFC instrument which will be utilized for various reaction and compound screening platforms
# SOARRequirements Skills
- Expertise with chromatography and purification, advanced knowledge of analytical chemistry, and a basic understanding of organic chemistry
- Experience working in a laboratory that carries out chemical research and experience with safety issues associated with chemistry laboratories
- Knowledge of principles and operating procedures of general laboratory equipment
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- MS Office - Powerpoint
- PerkinElmer ELN
- Trilution LC - Outlook - Excel - Word
- Minimum Education: Master’s Degree or Ph.D. Degree Preferred in Chemistry
- 3 years of specialized experience plus a Master’s degree is equivalent to a Ph.D. degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years or more related experience
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.