Senior Associate Network Security Engineer
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate Network Security EngineerLive
What you will do
Amgen is searching for an Sr. Associate Network Security Engineer, with AWS knowledge. This role will collaborate with the Manager, Network Security. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our Tampa Capability Center provides crucial services that enable us to better pursue this mission.
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us as:Senior Associate Network Security Engineer
- Management and implementation of physical as well as AWS-based firewalls, proxies, VPN concentrators, and related network protection technologies.
- Develops, implements, and sustains network operating rules, objects, and flows across a complex, global enterprise.
- Collaborates with analysts, engineers, data scientists to deliver continuous improvement in cyber defense/resilience.
- Work with and provide guidance to Security Operations and other Information Security team activities on security strategies, processes, response and technologies
- Provide support to Incident Response on security incidents including mock security incident exercises
- Critically analyzes network infrastructure to find opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce the threat profile
- Provide mentorship and training on areas of expertise to Information Security and Amgen teams
- Participate in audits covering network security services and technologies
- Participate in proactive research and provide recommendations for continuous improvement on information security technologies, processes and services
- Participate in on-call coverage and perform effective escalation of problems and issues
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a person with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Masters degree Or
- Bachelors degree and 2 years of Information Security or Information Technology experience Or
- Associates degree and 6 years of Information Security or Information Technology experience Or
- High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Security or Information Technology experience
- Bachelors degree in information systems and/or Computer Science and 3 years experience
- Strong proven knowledge on perimeter security like IDS/IPS, Web filtering, Application Filtering and Firewalling
- Fortinet solutions experience strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of network engineering, verified by having obtained credentials such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher / equivalent
- Practical Knowledge of Information Security standards and policies like ISO 27001/27002, NIST, and others
- Good hands-on experience with AWS foundation services related to compute, network, storage, content delivery, administration and security, deployment and management, automation technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more Information Protection capabilities like security monitoring, threat intelligence, network protection, data protection, endpoint protection, technical security assessments, security architecture
- Experience in complex enterprise environments with competing business priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective working with global teams in a collaborative setting, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and the ability to effectively prioritize multiple efforts
- Experience with regulated systems (GxP, SOX) in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare industry is preferred
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.