Scientist, In Vivo Translational Immunology & Cell Therapy
Scientist, In Vivo Translational Immunology and Cell Therapy – Waltham, MA
About Alloy Therapeutics
Alloy Therapeutics is a biotechnology ecosystem company empowering the global scientific community to make better medicines together. Through a community of partners, we democratize access to tools, technologies, services, and company creation capabilities that are foundational for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. We provide affordable, non-exclusive access to the entire drug discovery community from academic scientists, small and medium biotech, to the largest biopharma. Our lead offering, the ATX-Gx™ platform, is a human therapeutic antibody discovery platform consisting of a growing suite of proprietary transgenic mice strains. Founded in 2017 and privately funded by visionary investors, we are headquartered in Boston, MA with European labs in Cambridge, UK. As a reflection of our relentless commitment to the scientific community, Alloy reinvests 100% of its revenue in innovation and access to innovation.
At Alloy, we believe our industry should compete on getting the best drugs to patients as quickly as possible, not exclusive access to the best platforms. The team and company are rapidly expanding; successful members thrive in our shared culture of accountability, deliberate trust, and open communication. As a team we aspire to work together to exceed expectations and collectively contribute across the global organization to always maintain our nimble, startup culture.
MAY THE BEST DRUG WIN.
About Scientist, In Vivo Translational Immunology & Cell Therapy – Waltham, MA
The Alloy team is looking for a Scientist to join our team in Waltham, Massachusetts. The position will report directly to our Director of External Discovery & Innovation and work with Discovery Services team to support functional characterization and pre-clinical development of antibody-based therapeutics and cell therapies, e.g.: effector cell engagers, chimeric receptors, and TCR-based therapeutics. You will be leading the design and implementation of animal models to support screening and evaluation methods for novel molecules and cell-based therapies, with the ultimate goal of helping others to make better medicines.
- Development and optimization of in vivo oncology and autoimmunity models, including the use of immunodeficient, humanized mouse strains
- Hands-on management of in vivo studies, including animal handling and dosing, in-life disease measurements, and collection and analysis of blood & tissue samples
- Maintenance and engineering of various tumor cell lines to support in vivo disease models
- Utilize an array of analytical, cellular and molecular techniques to understand the dynamics of the immune response to various antibody and cell-based therapies in the context of in vivo tumor clearance
- Effectively collaborate within Alloy’s team and with external partners to develop study design and obtain test materials and reagents
- Effectively lead in vivo study design, execution, and data analysis
- Compile and present data to functional teams
- Being generous when others are needy, greedy or fearful
Required Qualifications and Skills
- PhD or MS in cell biology, immunology, or related discipline with 5+ years of experience
- Extensive hands-on experience with conducting experimental studies in rodent models, including handling, dosing of tumor cells and/or therapeutic agents (i.p., i.v., s.c., p.o., etc.), and study monitoring.
- Experience with standard immunological assays (e.g., activation markers, cytokine release, cell killing, flow cytometry, MSD/Luminex and other methods)
- Competency in basic molecular biology techniques, including cell line engineering
- Prior regulatory experience (e.g., IACUC, IBC, etc.) preferred
- Prior experience with in vivo imaging systems (i.e., IVIS) preferred
- Working knowledge of various software (e.g., FlowJo, GraphPad Prism, FACSDiva, Geneious)
- A sense of urgency, speed and persistence
- Competitive base salary based on the position and your experience level
- Significant opportunities for advancement inside Alloy, through our affiliated venture studio, 82VS, and across our partner companies
- Equity compensation in a company with incredible growth potential and a 30+ year plan
- Generous personal and family medical, dental and vision benefits with 90% of premiums and deductibles covered by Alloy, company-paid disability insurance, and an annual stipend for continuing education
- Flexible schedule, unlimited vacation as long as the job gets done, medical leave including time caring for sick family members, and parental leave all built around our team-driven philosophy
- Commitment to your career through individualized professional development plan for all employees to ensure good role and skill fit either at Alloy or your next biotech company
- Additional benefits including adoption support, IVF/PGT support, compensated time for bone marrow donation, continuing education, leadership development and others