Director, Global Oncology Marketing & Congress Management
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Director of Global Brand Lead Rare Disease, Emerging Assets, & Global Oncology Congress Management is accountable to lead the brand strategy at global level, lead the Global Brand Team (GBT) where all cross-functions get alignment on the brand strategy by developing their respective functional tactical plans and meeting the strategic imperatives of the brand(s). Within the Brand strategy, the Director, Global Brand Lead is accountable to develop pre-launch and commercialization strategy to be handed over to regions and serve as "chief orchestra" for the brand around the world by securing alignment with regions and consistency of what regions do for brand commercialization. As core member of the GPT(S) (Global Project Team(s)), the Director, Global Brand Lead is accountable to provide commercial insights to the R&D team to ensure that development activities will meet customer expectations once the product becomes a brand at regulatory approval and plans. The Director, Global Brand Lead should influence Market Insight and Analytics by making sure that all projects are relevant to inform the brand strategy as well as owning the accountability of the forecasting assumptions that support the forecasting exercise. Finally, the Director of Global Brand Lead must be recognized as the Subject Matter Expert on the brand in its current and future indications in respective tumor types and environment.
In addition, this role will be responsible for the strategic planning and execution for global oncology congresses and branding activities. Individual will cooperate closely with other Global Brand Teams, Global Medical Affairs, R&D, and agency partners to ensure the successful organization of global congresses.
Global Brand Marketing
- From the Brand Strategy , the global brand lead is accountable to develop a fully loaded pre-launch and commercialization launch strategy at global level which include positioning , communication platform with core message & story flow , branding elements , campaign and campaign evolution, disease awareness. The Global Brand Lead is also accountable though the GBT that all commercialization efforts, mainly medical affairs, HEOR and Pricing access are aligned with the commercialization strategy
- From the Brand Strategy, the global brand lead is accountable to develop a fully loaded pre-launch and commercialization launch strategy at global level which include positioning, communication platform with core message & story flow, branding elements, and campaign evolution, disease awareness. The Global Brand Lead is also accountable though the GBT that all commercialization efforts, mainly medical affairs, HEOR and Pricing access are aligned with the commercialization strategy
- The commercialization strategy includes an overseeing of the ROW approval / commercial launches. Based on close relationship strategy , the Global Brand Lead will monitor the performance of the brand in major market (G7) by defining the key KPI of the brand, identified challenges ( headwinds ) and proposed resolution in a timely manner.
- As key member of the GPT, the Global Brand Lead is accountable to provide commercial insights to the R&D team to make sure that the development strategy matches the customer need to secure success of the company in the future commercialization
- The Global Brand Lead is expected to act as leader of the GBT by coordinating cross-functional and regional inputs into the brand strategy and R&D feedback and by making sure that all the functional tactical plans are in line with the strategy
- Lead the execution of all key global oncology congress-related activities across multi-disciplinary teams (e.g. R&D, Medical, Marketing, and global colleagues) to ensure alignment and maximization of activities in support of the Oncology franchise. The responsibility includes convening and leading regular planning meetings with functional leads to coordinate all elements of congress planning such as sponsorship activities, booth design and logistics, on-site preconference and other key meetings, scientific exchange, media events and competitive intelligence. Functional leads will have direct accountability for these activities but the person in this role will coordinate and provide visibility in addition to ensuring adherence to aligned congress objectives.
- Act as direct liaison to Meetings and Conventions to oversee all implementation of congress registration, communications, and on-site coordination.
- Support development and implementation of Cancer Enterprise tactics including the development of Cancer Enterprise brand guidelines, key messaging, communication platform that includes website development, media initiatives and public relations initiatives. Facilitate consistency of communications across all Cancer Enterprise functions aligned with the Cancer Enterprise branding.
- Lead management of creative agency and budget control and evaluation of individual congress projects.
- Ensure all strategies, tactics, and activities are compliant with DS policies.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in health sciences required
- MBA or advance degree preferred
- 10 or More Years of pharmaceutical business experience
- 4 or More Years Global marketing experience preferred
- 4 or More Years Oncology experience strongly preferred
- Experience in congress planning and management
- Prior experience in country-level marketing and leading launch readiness teams preferred
Ability to travel up to 40% frequent overnight and international travel
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.