Manufacturing Operations Manager
Opportunity and Challenges
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
As the Manufacturing Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing manufacturing processes both internally and externally, sourcing providers, negotiating prices in line with corporate targets and managing vendors. Ideally, you have a strong operational and production background in the life science’ industry.
- Manage the manufacturing, preparation and shipping operations for kits of liquid reagents and consumables, including component sourcing, fill and finish, labelling, tracking and final shipping.
- Develop and execute supply chain management for liquid reagents, consumables and hardware from both internal production and external suppliers/partners, including both operational and administrative/legal topics
- Develop and execute procurement and purchasing strategies, including stock level optimization, in order to meet cost targets while ensuring continuity of supply
- Manage the manufacturing & supply chain team
- Identify process bottlenecks and implement solutions in a timely manner
Qualifications and experience
- Proven experience with manufacturing and handling of life science reagents and consumables, including fill & finish
- Willingness to lead and execute assembly and logistic operations on the field
- 5+ years of experience managing a large laboratory / manufacturing facility in Biotech Industry or extensive knowledge of Life Science business practices and financial management of Standard Costs and operating processes
- Experience with Production Planning and Capacity Planning
- Proficient in MRP utilization for supply chain and inventory planning principles is required
- Proven hands on experience with procurement and purchasing
- Effective team player who possesses strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Sense of urgency as to objectives and timelines, while maintaining flexibility to shifting priorities
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations. Strong organizational, analytical and reporting skills
- Attention to details
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science, Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Previous experience in a similar position in a biotech and/or life science company
- ERP (NetSuite) knowledge
- APICS certification
- Previous experience in recombinant protein production
- Previous experience in nucleotide chemistry