Non Clinical CMC Statistician
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Non Clinical CMC StatisticianLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will contribute to Amgens pipeline of new molecules and commercial products, that are treating serious illnesses and transforming lives.
As part of the Global Quality Engineering team, the Senior Statistician will use their expertise to implement statistical tools and techniques with science-based practices used throughout the product life cycle. The statistician will support the Final Product Technology team in the development of delivery devices, where they will provide statistical analysis, study designs, acceptance sampling plans and acceptance criteria for the development, qualification and transfer of physical test methods. They will also establish appropriate study designs and carry out evaluation of acceptance criteria for Design Verification testing ensuring that the overall program is compliant with Amgen and Regulatory/ISO requirements. They will support component and material qualifications using process capability analysis and equivalence tests. Ad-hoc statistical support will be provided for root-cause analysis for protocol or method deviations.
The statistician will also provide support to clinical and commercial manufacturing sites in the network. This involves statistical support for monitoring programs, analytical methods and investigations. Finally, the candidate will contribute to continuous improvement efforts across Amgens networks, leading to harmonization, efficiency gains and scientific innovation and, administration of statistical training for Amgens engineers and scientists.Primary Responsibilities for the Senior Statistician includes:
- Acts as a technical lead in the development, implementation and maintenance of statistical tools used to support product life cycle activities. This may include, drafting/updating white papers, writing standardized SAS code, outlining report templates, and aligning relevant SOPs.
- Provides continuous statistical support to a site or functional group by consulting with technical associates to develop an experimental study, perform statistical analysis, and document results in a technical report that complies with Amgens document control system and has statistical integrity.
- Supports regulatory audits by interacting with technical staff to answer questions during on-site inspections; and, provides written responses to clarify a statistical approach or perform additional analysis to support a Request for Information, as required.
- Participates in improvement efforts to promote statistical techniques used in biologics and monoclonal antibodies processes; and, mentors and teaches statistical techniques and software tools to technical associates.
- Stays up to date on biotechnology industry trends, best practices, guidance documents and participates in external conferences, as appropriate.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The highly motivated professional we seek is a passionate individual with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree in Applied Statistics, Industrial Statistics or Non-clinical Biostatistics or
Masters degree in Applied Statistics, Industrial Statistics or Non-clinical Biostatistics and 3 years of applied statistics experience or
Bachelor's degree in Applied Statistics, Industrial Statistics or Non-clinical Biostatistics and 5 years of applied statistics' experience or Associate's degree and 10 years of Applied Statistical Experience or
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Applied Statistical ExperiencePreferred Qualifications:
Doctorate degree with 2 years experience
Proficient in statistical tools and techniques commonly used in biopharma manufacturing operations, such as, Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Control, Process Capability Analysis, Measurement System Analysis, Acceptance Sampling Plans, Non-linear and Linear Regression, Significance Tests, and Simulation.
- Proficient in SAS programming (data manipulation techniques, macro, statistical and graphical PROCs, and ODS) and JMP statistical software.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.