Undergrad Coop- Manufacturing Optimization Process
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Science, Industrial, Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineer
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. During this 1 year program (February 2022), you will have the opportunity to work closely with a multi-discipline team, under close supervision and manage projects to perform operational process improvements; in addition to, manage Change Controls, Corrective and/or Preventive Actions, creation and modification of procedures, support investigations, audits and more. The student will have the opportunity to develop a implement improvement projects within the Amgen Manufacturing Limited manufacturing processes.
- Understand and improve manufacturing and packaging processes.
- Identify opportunities in our procedures and implement innovative solutions
- Work closely with manufacturing process owner to complete corrective and preventive action items on time, minimizing production scheduling impact.
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The leader individual we seek is an Enthusiastic and Fast Learner with these qualifications.
- Pursuing a bachelors degree in Science, Industrial, Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- At Least 3.00 of GPA (General).
- Have completed at least 3 years of college education
- Be enrolled in School
- English bilingual skills
Beyond that, we prefer that the student possess:
- Experience in technical writing skills
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Well Organized.
- Enthusiastic about learning new concepts and work processes.
- Proficient in the following software: MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Project
- Experience with a Document Management System (CDOCS) or electronic deviation record management system (Trackwise)
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.