Research Associate III ((molecular assay development)) 1685
Myriad Genetics is a trailblazing genetic testing company that has helped millions of patients make critical healthcare decisions. We are the leader of hereditary cancer screening and prenatal screening, innovating every day to empower women and their families to benefit from advanced molecular technologies.
We are looking for a molecular biologist to join our interdisciplinary R&D team that includes scientists in Salt Lake City and South San Francisco (this posting is for a role in Utah). The ideal candidate will have mastery over a range of current molecular biology techniques, with particular focus on NGS. We are seeking a collegial teammate who is curious and rigorous, an individual who shares our enthusiasm for improving people's lives by building the products that power precision medicine.
What you'll do:
- Build prototypes of new genomic assays that can be refined and launched into a high-volume clinical laboratory
- Design, evaluate, and optimize molecular improvements to our existing assays that screen thousands of patients per day
- Analyze and interpret experimental datasets to drive systematic and efficient iteration cycles
- Deepen and broaden your skills by working closely with talented experimental scientists, software engineers, automation engineers, and data scientists
- Communicate your results internally to key stakeholders and externally at conferences and in peer-reviewed literature
(feel very encouraged to apply even if not all are met):
- BA/BS or MS in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemistry, or a related discipline and/or 3+ years of full-time experience working in a laboratory utilizing molecular biology techniques
- Fluency with Illumina NGS technology and the broad range of associated molecular protocols, including DNA/RNA extraction, PCR/qPCR, and NGS library preparations
- Track record of achievement on challenging projects in industry and/or academia
- Able to accurately document your work and effectively communicate progress in written and verbal form
- Previous experience working with laboratory automation is a plus (Tecan, Bravo, Biomek, etc)
- Experience with coding (Python preferred) and comfort with a command-line interface is a plus
- A sense of humility; impeccable integrity; palpable inner drive; the competence to be self-sufficient but the strong desire to be part of a supportive team
About UsMyriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.