Clinical Lab Genetic Counselor II
Myriad Women's Health (MWH) seeks to hire an ABGC certified Genetic Counselor to support our Clinical Laboratory Genetic Counseling team.
As a Clinical Laboratory Genetic Counselor II you will be part of a large Clinical Genomics team supporting all aspects of test interpretation and reporting. You will work closely with a team that reviews test orders, provides clinical review of test results, assists ordering providers with result interpretation and inquiries, and supports internal teams in understanding our test processes and performance.
Location: Remote US or South San Francisco, CA. supporting West Coast Hours
What you'll do
• Assist healthcare providers with questions or needs around MWH testing.
• Review and approve patient results alongside the Laboratory Directors.
• Provide clinical follow up regarding patient indications and family history.
• Act as liaison between MWH's laboratory and field commercial teams.
• Collaborate with Medical Affairs, Clinical Genomics, Customer Success, and Laboratory teams to provide excellence in provider and patient care.
• Receive and maintain genetic counseling licensure in home state and CA, if applicable.
• ABGC-certified genetic counselor with at least 2 years of clinical experience, prenatal preferred.
• Experience working with a laboratory and/or curation team is preferred, but not required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• You can self-motivate and work well independently.
• Excellent at working collaboratively within a team and taking initiative when it comes to team improvements.
• You are passionate about the MWH mission.
· Perform clinical data review during the report review process (Science Review).
· Support healthcare provider inquiries related to testing.
· Assist healthcare providers in the identification of clinically appropriate tests and follow up.
· Work with all departments to ensure the highest quality clinical test results for all patient samples, including the timely identification and resolution of issues.
· Maintain familiarity with the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Maintain continuing education credits as required by CLIA.
· Maintain ABCG certification.
· Receive and maintain genetic counseling licensure in home state and CA, if applicable.
· Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
· Perform specific duties assigned based on the genetic counselor's interests and expertise.
· Conduct other duties delegated or defined by the CLIA lab director. Qualifications
· Required Experience/Skills
- ABGC-certified genetic counselor with at least two years of clinical experience
- Professional and detail oriented
- Proficient with O365
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
We welcome diversity and strongly encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.