Senior Product Manager
Sr. Product Manager – SYNTAX Instrument
Opportunity and Challenges
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately impatient people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impact across biological sciences.
We are seeking an experienced product manager to join our team and help lead the development and commercialization of instruments within the SYNTAX platform. This position will require working within a cross-functional product development team alongside members from commercial, R&D, project management, manufacturing, and other roles. The position will be responsible for developing, communicating, and owning business cases for instruments and instrument features, including customer requirements, financial assumptions, pricing, product fit, and integration with genomics workflows, from oligo sequence to downstream application.
The successful applicant will ideally have experience thriving in a dynamic and rapidly evolving organization, working proactively and independently across multiple job functions to execute on commercial priorities with limited resources, support, and high expectations.
- Defines and updates business plans for SYNTAX instruments in alignment with the company’s objectives.
- Manages SYNTAX applications landscape with analysis and understanding of customer needs and requirements, as well as current or emerging technologies, applications, and industry trends.
- Manages the SYNTAX instrument portfolio, including product and financial performance, as well as forecasting and lifecycle management.
- Represents the commercial organization and the needs of customers as part of the product development process and core team.
- Serves as the commercial driver of product launch activities.
- Collaborates with others across the marketing organization on product marketing for on-market products, including messaging, collateral, content, campaigns, and communications.
- Supports sales, applications, regional marketing teams with training and collateral development.
- Develops and fosters a DNA Script community, in partnership with others in the organization, as well as with distributors, customers, and broader scientific or lay audiences.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or a related field, graduate degree (including PhD and/or MBA) preferred.
- 5+ years in life sciences or related industry marketing experience, with preference given to candidates with strong experience in oligo synthesis and related research areas.
- Life sciences or related industry product management and product marketing experience.
- Experience with market research, financial analysis and modeling, strategic planning, product launch go-to-market planning, and lifecycle management.
- Experience in cross-functional teams.
- Experience with Jira SW for project management and coordination.
- Effective time and project management.
- Excellent written, presentation, communication and collaboration skills with experience presenting to diverse scientific and other audiences.
- Travel up to 25%.
- Phone interview with the hiring manager
- Day interview at the office with manager, HR, cofounders and the team
- References check
- Timing: 2-3 weeks