Technical Writer - R&D
At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and market a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more. Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all with a personal touch. For more information, visit www.AllerganAesthetics.com.
Allergan Aesthetics R&D, Biological Research is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented candidate for the role of Scientific Technical Writer.
The successful candidate will have a critical role in supporting the overall Aesthetics Biological Research Program by providing writing/editing expertise, thereby ensuring high-quality and timely work product.
Contributions will include: generate graphs and figures for publication/presentation; perform literature and patent searches for drafting manuscript/regulatory publication content; successful preparation of high-quality submission/presentation-ready documents; rapidly understand and effectively incorporate new/complex information into publication projects; manage secure documentation systems such as One Vault, SharePoint, and ARCH; participate in company initiatives/activities that impact documentation processes and lead process improvements; ensure project information in publication records and resourcing tools are accurate and up-to-date.
- Oversee controlled documents and processes: internal study reports, nonclinical modules of regulatory submissions, policies and SOPs, and risk assessments.
- Oversee non-controlled documents: preparation of publication projects, journal manuscripts, abstracts, posters, PowerPoint presentations, compile and edit quarterly reports.
- Manage documentation systems and SharePoint sites; stay abreast of changing systems and company requirements.
- Perform scientific literature and patent searches.
- Exhibits flexibility and a commitment to scientific excellence.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related life science field or a Bachelor’s degree with up to 3 years relevant technical writing experience supporting complex, highly regulated laboratory activities.
- Highly motivated, pro-active hands-on person who thrives in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to productively communicate with disparate personnel and departments.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience with Common Technical Document templates. Working knowledge of current electronic document management systems and information technology.
- Previous work experience within a science field preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.