Postdoctoral Scholar/Scientist- Mucke Lab
Are you an electrophysiologist with an interest in the pathophysiology of neurological and psychiatric disorders and would like to contribute to this important area in an intellectually stimulating, interdisciplinary academic environment?
Opportunity: Postdoctoral Scholar / Scientist
The Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease at San Francisco’s burgeoning Mission Bay Campus could offer you outstanding opportunities to pursue the above goal and improve the lives of people around the world. The Mucke Laboratory has a long track record of innovation in disease-focused neuroscience and of training leaders in this field.
We are inviting applications from talented students and postdoctoral fellows who are eager to advance the understanding of and ability to treat devastating brain diseases. Our highly interactive team of scientists focuses on processes that cause cognitive and behavioral disorders ranging from dementias to epileptic encephalopathies and autism spectrum disorders.
- Candidates should have a Ph.D. in a relevant area and a strong background in electrophysiology, as well as an outstanding record of academic achievements and research productivity.
- Demonstrated experience in a range of electrophysiological methods such as extracellular field, whole-cell patch-clamp, and microelectrode array recordings
- Solid knowledge of electrophysiological acquisition and analysis software such as pClamp and WinLTP, and coding capabilities in Igor Pro, MatLab or Python
- Independence in experimental design and execution, data analysis, and troubleshooting
- Exemplary initiative, dedication, scientific rigor, technical skills, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to effectively interact with internal colleagues and external collaborators
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and capability to present scientific results to scientists of diverse backgrounds.
To apply, please include your statement of interests, CV and 3 references.
Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
More About Us
The Gladstone Institutes is an independent, not-for-profit research organization that is affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco. It is located in an award winning building at the Mission Bay Campus, a short distance from downtown San Francisco, one of the most interesting and cosmopolitan places in the world. Embedded in a renowned and stimulating academic environment, the Mucke Laboratory offers unique opportunities for research and training in disease-oriented neuroscience and translational neurobiology.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.