Medical Writing Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Medical Writing ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will [top-line statement connecting primary position responsibility to employer brand].
- Collaborate with authors to generate content for abstracts, posters, orals, and manuscripts that appropriately communicates the scientific significance and value to the target audience (discovery, clinical, health economics, observational research, etc.)
- Understand the publication landscape (journals, congresses, readership, etc.) and advise the Publication Team and authors accordingly
- Demonstrate disease state expertise and knowledge of current medical and/or regulatory issues related to the product
- Participate in discussions on appropriate publication innovations (improved content, etc.) and execute appropriately
- Ensure alignment of publication content with product strategy, communication objectives, and lexicon
- Develop and manage relationships with both internal and external partners
- Drive timelines and advance multiple projects simultaneously
- Work with Project Managers and Publication Coordinators to ensure that publication records in the system of record (Data Vision) are current and accurate
- Serve as internal resource to cross-functional teams regarding compliant publication practices
- Manage outsourced projects and ensure quality, alignment, and timely completion while staying on track with allocated budgets
- Manage deliverables for more than one product
- Participate in functional or cross-functional initiatives
- Understand the evolving publications landscape through engagement with and participation in professional societies
- Travel occasionally (up to 10%)
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a team-player with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of publication development industry experience Or
- Masters degree and 6 years of publication development industry experience Or
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of publication development industry experience Or
- Associates degree and 10 years of publication development industry experience Or
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of publication development industry experience
- PhD, MD, PharmD with at least 2 years of publication development industry experience in the bio-pharmaceutical sector
- Experience preparing manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed medical journals as well as abstracts and posters or oral presentations for scientific congresses
- Demonstrated record of executing strategically and tactically in a highly matrixed environment working with cross-functional, dynamic teams
- Comfort with providing strategic input on topics regarding publication planning and data dissemination
- Ability to lead and/or facilitate effective team meetings
- Experience leading projects with limited supervision
- Experience collaborating with clinical investigator authors on publication development
- Outstanding analytical, communication, organizational, project management and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing budgets and working with vendors
- Proficient in word processing, including touch-typing, and pertinent software (eg, Microsoft Office, EndNote, Adobe Illustrator)
- Knowledgeable about ICMJE - International Committee of Medical Journal Editors Recommendations, GPP3 - Good Publication Practice 3 guidelines
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.