Supply Chain Manager
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Partner with our scientific, finance and operations staff to ensure we always have what we need when we need it. This will require you to understand the science and technology that powers our platform.
- Lead and manage a team of supply chain professionals to ensure the scalability of our high-throughput automation facility, laboratories, and ensure all locations have the materials necessary to perform their work
- Build strategic relationships with a network of suppliers to enable Recursion to rapidly advance our ability to decode biology.
- Develop, implement, and manage sourcing and supplier management processes, including business requirements, sourcing and risk management strategy, supplier selection and qualification, contracting, and performance management.
- Partner with our technical and scientific leaders to select vendors, deliver contracts that minimize risk and maximize agility, ensure delivery on scope of work, and resolve issues.
- Drive robust performance management strategies and track performance to inform vendor selection across the company.
- Develop tools and systems to ensure we have the proper oversight and tracking of materials throughout our various locations.
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll become a key member of the Business Operations team that designs and supports the systems, processes, and tools that help deliver on our mission. Developing a sourcing approach that allows us to leverage our scale and enable you to leave your mark as we continue to grow! You will develop collaborative and cross-functional relationships throughout the company and the supply chain as we strive to decode biology and radically improve lives!
The Experience You’ll Need
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in technical procurement, scientific supply chains, and/or process engineering
- A BS degree in a finance, business, technical or biological field (engineering, molecular biology, etc);
- MBA, CPSM certification preferred
- Track record of working in a matrix environment supporting all functions within the organization
- Ability to evaluate suppliers, negotiate contracts, and review the quality of products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a highly dynamic R&D company is strongly preferred
- Good relationship building and problem solving skills
- Process development experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to make informed decisions in the absence of complete information or guidance
- Experience in leading and directing teams effectively
- High throughput biology experience is strongly preferred.
- Systems and/or process engineering experience strongly preferred.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.