Bioprocess Manufacturing Associate II (Temp to hire)
PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical-stage company developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. Our private designer T cells are created by analyzing a patient’s individual tumor and engineering T cells to kill that specific tumor.
If you desire a stimulating fast-paced environment, working with intelligent people who are making an impact in cancer, you will want to join the PACT Pharma team. We are a rapidly expanding, innovative, and collaborative workforce working towards one main goal, eradicating cancer!
We are located in the San Francisco bay area. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the aggressive growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are currently recruiting for a Bioprocess Manufacturing Associate II (Temporary to possible conversion) who will join our Manufacturing Team and continue advancing PACT’s cutting-edge engineered cell product. This will be a unique opportunity to see your ideas rapidly translate into the clinic and impact patient lives.
- Perform cGMP processing and documentation required to produce and assess safe and efficacious products within an ISO cleanroom environment using aseptic techniques as applicable
- Under the supervision of the Supervisor/Manager, assist in the implementation of production and large-scale manufacturing procedures to optimize processes and documentation, such as standard operating procedures, batch records, etc.
- Contribute to cross-functional discussions with Process Development (PD) and Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MSAT), to investigate technical issues, as well as improve the efficiency of the process
- Exercise a continuous improvement mindset to enable the creation or enhancement of Manufacturing tools, processes, documents, etc.
- Support the investigation and/or execution of quality records (deviations, change controls, corrective and preventative actions) for timely closure.
- Bachelor’s degree or associate degree in a biologics, biotechnology, engineering, or related field preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of applicable experience in cGMP manufacturing
- Cleanroom, aseptic, and/or biological safety cabinet experience strongly preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following preferred:
- Cell counting, cell culture/fermentation, chromatography, filtration, single-use technologies
- Strong work ethic, methodical approach to new challenges
- Must be able to work as a team, as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates tact and courtesy in dealing with others
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) preferred
- Able to adapt to company growth and evolving responsibilities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends, and/or holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; bend; stretch; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Non-absorbent laboratory coats are required, as well as latex (or a non-latex substitute) gloves. When working with potentially hazardous materials that may spray, aerosol, or otherwise contact skin or mucous membranes, face shields or goggles must be worn. Heavy cryo gloves must be used when working with liquid nitrogen.
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.