Research Associate I/II/Sr - Microbial Engineering
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our commercial products harness the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We provide new and sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on Forbes or PBS News Hour.
Position: Research Associate I/II/Sr - Microbial Engineering, Boston MA
Our team at Pivot Bio located in the Greater Boston area is looking for a team member who wants to bring agricultural innovations by realizing the potentials of soil microbes. The position will conduct experiments in the lab as well as analyze datasets using computational and statistical approaches. This position presents unique opportunities to develop high-throughput screening systems using cutting-edge molecular techniques from synthetic biology and systems biology and to implement innovative ideas for environmentally sustainable agricultural practices in a real-world setting.
- Design and metabolically engineer diverse microbes with genome-wide approaches considering evolutionary dynamics.
- Develop experimental workflows for screening traits of interest of diverse soil microbes in a high-throughput manner.
- Analyze and summarize large-scale data using statistical programs or programming languages.
- Communicate and collaborate with larger team members in varied scientific and technical roles.
- Organize and document experiments and data analysis in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Experience
- BS with 2-5 years relevant experience or MS in genetic engineering, microbiology, synthetic biology, systems biology and or equivalent.
- Experience with genetic circuit design.
- Experience with metabolic engineering and evolutionary biology.
- Experience with microfluidics a plus.
- Experience with engineering microbes with versatile metabolisms a plus.
- Experience with hardware engineering a plus.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively perform tasks as directed by supervisor or according to an SOP.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team