Regional Business Manager Long Term Care - Great Plains
Essential Job Functions
- Daily activities such as managing budgets and leveraging resources within assigned region to optimize revenue and achieve overall business plan objectives, analyze sales and operations data and metrics to improve effectiveness, manage T&E and program budgets, coach and motivate LTC Neuroscience Area Managers to realize maximum potential.
- Work in partnership with the Avanir Marketing Team to establish field sales implementation strategies and tactics that ensure proper product positioning.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all members of the Avanir team including members of Managed Markets, Training, Sales Operations, Medical Affairs, and corporate staff.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of payer mix, reimbursement environment, and distribution in assigned region.
- Proactively updates scientific knowledge of the Neurology/Psychiatric market.
- Ensure LTC Neuroscience Area Managers clearly understand performance expectations by providing consistent and accurate performance feedback as part of an overall performance management process through timely assessment of performance (quarterly/annual) using quantifiable outcomes.
- Fully invest in the professional development of all LTC Neuroscience Area Managers within assigned region by partnering with Human Resources to ensure the continued development of promotable candidates and succession planning.
- Establish work standards that are aligned with Avanir's corporate culture, vision, and values. Adhere to company standards for personal honesty, integrity, trust, respect and accountability. Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Avanir policies and procedures and applicable state and federal rules and regulations. Strict adherence to all compliance and promotional guidelines.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 7+ years of pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical sales experience with at least 3 years in sales management
- Sales Management experience with no alliance, partnership, and/or overlap (district/region)
- Proven and documented track record of sales success and leading sales team in an environment requiring high accountability and maintaining a high level of performance
- Experience with a CNS/Psychiatry related product(s), Long Term Care/Skilled Nursing Facilities and specialty customers is strongly preferred
- Previous product launch and/or first-in-class experience is preferred
- Previous experience in corporate-office or other field-based roles (e.g. Managed Care/Key Accounts, Training, Sales Operations, Marketing) a plus.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Ability to learn complex technical / scientific information and effectively communicates to internal team and external audience of health care professionals.
- Takes ownership and demonstrates an entrepreneurial approach in managing an assigned region and field sales team.
- Demonstrates autonomy in decision making.
- Proactively identifies obstacles and responds by developing and implementing action plans to achieve challenging goals. Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitates the completion of team goals. Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks. Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
This position primarily works out of a vehicle, office environment or facility. It requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and frequent walking. Daily use of a computer, phone, office equipment and other computing and digital devices is required. May be required to stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the offices or facilities. Travel by vehicle plane and other means is necessary, so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license or effectively navigate public transportation is required. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee must be able to read and respond to interoffice communications as well as effectively participate and lead meetings. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to lift up to 20 lbs., pull, push, carry, handle or feel. The employee is required to carry, handle items, reach with arms and hands, to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Mental demands may require prolonged concentration, reading comprehension, understanding and interpretation of concepts, ideas and philosophies. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving vehicles, carts, and mechanical equipment (copiers, computers, coffee machines). May be subject to smells and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
As an equal opportunity employer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation transgender status, gender identity, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All Avanir Pharmaceuticals employees, officers, principles, agents, and representatives are expressly prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Avanir Pharmaceuticals will reasonably accommodate any qualified individual with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions or the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.