Associate Scientist II DMPK - Automation
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated ligand binding assay Associate Scientist to join the DMPK-BA department at AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA.
The LBA Bioanalytical group at ABC/Worcester DMPK conducts quantitative bioanalysis assay of large molecule therapeutics like mAb, ADC, fusion protein, and bispecific for PK, PD, and TK studies using ligand binding assays to support drug discovery and early development efforts.
The main responsibilities of the Associate Scientist II include: Streamlining the transfer of newly developed assays into routine automation practice in the laboratory, optimum and maintaining the performance on lab automation systems, daily troubleshooting, as well as pioneering new approaches to simplifying workflows. Other responsibilities include independently performing sample analysis using ligand binding assay, generating high-quality bioanalytical data to enable data summary and PK analysis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading the design and optimization of automated workflows for high throughput ligand binding assay.
- Managing relationships with equipment vendors, taking responsibility for purchase, installation, service contracts
- Collaborate with key partners to design automation strategy within ABC lab.
- Collaborate with global automation SMEs to achieve the best synergy.
- Analyze pre-clinical in vivo samples based on the operational schedule.
- Qualify ligand binding assay based on BA protocol, interpret the result, and make decisions on assay readiness.
- Data archiving in ELN and LIMS.
- Effectively communicate the experimental plan and results orally and in writing. Contribute to technical report writing.
- Initiate, design, interpret, troubleshoot operational assay independently and efficiently
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biology, chemistry, pharmacology, or engineering.
- Bachelor with 3+ years of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or automation industry experience, or Master with 0-3 years of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or automation industry experience.
- Ability to program, troubleshoot, operate, and maintain Hamilton and Tecan with independence.
- Experience in automated ligand binding workflow.
- Critical thinking and proven problem-solving ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to draft technical reports.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Level and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.