Manufacturing Technician, Flow Cell
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
We are seeking a self-motivated technician to support the manufacture and quality of substrate consumables. The position also performs calibration, validation, and troubleshooting of equipment and instruments.Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Execute manufacturing and quality control tasks for Flow Cell Manufacturing as assigned by Team Lead/Supervisor
- Carry out data collection and analysis, Interpret and respond to quality data, escalate issues to team lead/supervisor
- Process work orders to complete products to inventory
- Perform troubleshooting on the manufacturing process as required
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, contribute to 5S activities
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with other scientists, engineers, and manufacturing personnel to support R&D and process improvement activities to meet production goals
- Other duties as assigned
Understand workflow and follow Standard Operating Procedures
Fast Learner with high attention to detail
Proven ability to work effectively, both independently and on teams
Comfortable working with ambiguity and at a fast pace
Strong communicator and collaborator with experience working closely with Excel and Word, Confluence, web-based or similar programsEducation and Experience
- High School diploma with 2 years of experience in consumable manufacturing (an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered).
- Knowledge/experience with basic laboratory equipment (pipettes, balances, etc.)
- Experience working in a start-up company is a plus
- Experience with SOPs, BRs, and WIs.
- System-level testing and troubleshooting experience
- Hands-on experience with the manufacture of sequencing flow cells is highly desirable.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.